Ride to Peaks of OtterSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    Goat
    6 years ago
    This thread post is a first for me so I guess you can consider it a test run...
    I live at Lake Anna, ride a 1998 R1200C I have owned since 2003. I love my bike. I have not ridden it much for two years. I did a 100 mile ride a few weeks ago and changed the oil, did some brake work, flushed the fluids, so I knew I was good to go.
    Last weekend I met up with mu two older brothers in Ruckersville. We were headed for Peaks of Otter lodge.
    We rode from there to Bedford, VA to tour the D-Day Memorial. Tour took about three hours. When we started to leave I found I had left my ignition on and battery was stone dead. After assessing the situation I told my brothers to go on to the lodge, I called AAA and was transported to the Autozone in Bedford where I removed and charged my battery. I tried to find a new battery but none was available in all of Bedford. My battery charged to 10%, thus it is shot essentially. Although basically dead it had enough juice to activate the fuel pump, then I was able to push start the bike with the help of an employee of the store. As you are probably aware the battery is under the tank so there is much to r&r to get to this point. Okay, finally the bike is started and running. It is after 9pm, dark, and I have several miles to go through desolate mountain roads to get to the lodge. Thankfully I made it and had a good shower and night sleep.
    Saturday morning we arose and after a hearty breakfast the three f us set out Northbound on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Many great views, many bicycles to dodge, and one Doe with fawn in tow to narrowly avoid. Running low on gas we exited at Waynesboro, gassed up and found a great Italian restaurant for lunch. Finally a dash down I-64 and up 29 then home in three different directions.

Just created a map but not sure how to post it. Nor am I sure I created it correctly. Are there instructions anywhere here?

2 of 6
    Goat
    6 years ago
    I see the post, and I see the map I created, but I do not see them together as others are.
    3 of 6
    Yermo
    6 years ago
    Oh that sounds great! Thanks for the post.

I need to put together some instructions. I'm glad to see you were able to create the map. When you create a post or reply to this one, you'll see the little Map Marker icon next to the link and plus icons to the left of the Close, Quote, Reply buttons.

Just click that.  Then search for maps created today and you should see the one you created. I've added it here for you.

If you have geotagged photos you can upload them to the map as well. Just click the little dropdown arrow on the right next to Map(40457) below and click Edit.

Then just click on the map and click the Photo icon.

The site is still very much in development and i'm working very hard to make things smoother with less steps. I really appreciate you trying what I've built here!
    4 of 6
    Yermo
    6 years ago
    Oh, and under the map you'll see the [Large Static Map] link which is a big image of your map you can use in posts on Facebook or where ever.
    5 of 6
    Goat
    6 years ago
    Just saw your response. Thank you. I really want to do this. Practice makes perfect. Or so they say.
    6 of 6
    Yermo
    6 years ago
    I haven't forgotten about the writeup. Things have just been busy but I will get to it soon. I aplolgize for the delay.