TransAmTrail Planning ThreadSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    26 of 38
    Yermo
    8 years ago
    "Road"

Video #11541
    Yermo
    8 years ago

Webb Creek rd

interesting access road to Porterfield Gap out of Andrews NC
    27 of 38
    Yermo
    8 years ago
    this showed up in my facebook feed today. I'm putting this here to review later:

Link #11543
    Yermo
    8 years ago

Teiz Motorsports, Custom Motorcycle Apparel

Teiz Motorsports : - motorcycle, riding suits, jackets, custom suits, women riding gear

http://www.teizms.com/
    28 of 38
    Yermo
    8 years ago
    This is the kind of advertising I really like. It's a video produced by a dual sport bike rental company out of Ecuador and it discusses how to change an innertube while Out There by yourself. They weave comments about their services into the video but the content of the video stands on its own. 

Video #11545
    Yermo
    8 years ago

How to change a Motorcycle Inner Tube by Yourself When in Remote Areas of Ecuador on Vimeo

http://freedombikerental.com/ This video is helpful if you are riding a self-guided tour or renting a motorcycle and you have a flat tire. It will show you what…
    29 of 38
    Yermo
    7 years ago
    So I did not realize there is an analogue to the TransAmTrail for Canada and it looks completely badass:

Link #11550
    Yermo
    7 years ago

Explore and learn more about the Trans Canada Trail, one of Canada s truly great endeavours

The Trans Canada Trail is a non-profit registered charity raising funds to build a recreational trail that will wind its way through every province and territory in Canada, linking 1000 communities along its route.

http://tctrail.ca/
    30 of 38
    John St John
    7 years ago
    All of the areas that I checked on their interactive map were for human or horse. No motors
    31 of 38
    Yermo
    7 years ago
    Hmm. I was looking at that and wondering the same thing. Another site claims that a riding trail exists:

32 of 38
    Yermo
    7 years ago
    Trip planning begins in earnest now:

Video #11676
    Yermo
    7 years ago

Driving across America... without touching tarmac (ft. Morgan Freeman)

On the Trans-America Trail you can cross the country without using any roads. There's just one problem — it's designed for off-road motorcycles and these guy...
    33 of 38
    Yermo
    7 years ago
    Video #11678
    Yermo
    7 years ago

Trans-America Trail with Sam Correro

a few minutes talking with Sam Correro about the Trans-America Trail while riding the Mississippi Hill Country Trail Special thanks to Michael Murray of Moto...
    34 of 38
    John St John
    7 years ago
    Do you have the "How to prepare for and ride..." video. i found it helpful.
    Photo #11680
    John St John
    7 years ago
    T-A-T

T-A-T

Photo of the planning DVD
    Photo #11680
    John St John
    7 years ago
    T-A-T

T-A-T

Photo of the planning DVD
    35 of 38
    Ian
    7 years ago
    Glad to hear you're still planning on it.  I was planning on meeting you on the Oregon coast, but it now looks like I'll be on a four-day ride to Idaho the weekend after Labor Day, so there could be a conflict.  Keep me posted on your plans and we can either meet in Victoria or somewhere in the neighborhood.
    36 of 38
    Yermo
    7 years ago
    Ian, will do. 
    37 of 38
    Yermo
    7 years ago
    John St John, I do have this DVD. Interestingly, I'm finding watching youtube videos to be more helpful. On the one hand I hear people saying the TAT is a cakewalk and on the other some are saying it's quite challenging. I suspect the truth lies somewhere in between. 
    38 of 38
    Ian
    7 years ago
    I bet a lot of it has to do with how much rain you get along the way.

And of course, whether you're a manly man or not.