Nolan helmet N-COM?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    Tattoomike
    5 years ago
    so I bought a brand new helmet off of Craigslist today for about $50 it's hey Nolan helmet that has in comport on the left side of the helmet but I'm not sure if there's other systems that will work or if it has to be specifically for that helmet and I would like to put Bluetooth earpiece of some sort into my helmet so I can take make and receive calls and use music as I ride I don't know if anybody else has a Nolan helmet I believe it's a number 104 but I'll double-check and repost if it's not but I would absolutely love to have an helmet Communications with my cell phone as I bought a cell phone mount that mounts to my handlebars from the bicycle section of Walmart made by schoche.

particularly I don't want to spend $200 to have Bluetooth in helmet communication but I have been thinking about possibly using a hands-free device that wires to my cell phone which is on my handlebars and I used multiple softwares to monitor my rides speed acceleration 0 to 60 0 to 100 breaking power all that stuff.

if anybody has made their own in helmet Communications using wired or Wireless hands-free devices please let me know about how you went about it if not if anybody has any suggestions about the Nolan helmet in com let me know about that too but I'm on a very tight budget so keep that in mind
    2 of 6
    Yermo
    5 years ago
    We all use the Sena Bluetooth communicators. I suspect you'd be able to pick up an SMH10 or similar used for pretty cheap.

Link #10044
    Yermo
    9 years ago

Sena SPH10 Bluetooth Helmetless Headset Intercom - RevZilla

Purchase the Sena SPH10 Bluetooth Helmetless Headset Intercom at RevZilla Motorsports. Get the best free shipping & exchange deal anywhere, no restock fees and the lowest prices -- guaranteed.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...
    3 of 6
    Tattoomike
    5 years ago
    I've seen those but mine has a removable plate on the outside left for a unit that plugs into the helmet itself so I don't know how well an ear ear set like that would fit underneath the helmet

the one I've got has like a plug-in you snap the unit into its touchable from the outside of the helmet and then the internal goes through certain grooves and their mounts for the earpiece and mouthpiece
    4 of 6
    mikesimsr
    5 years ago
    I have the N104Evo helmet with the NCom system and I love it.  The NCom system is a wee bit pricey though.  The Sena systems work just as well at a much lower cost.  The N104 Evo has tiny speaker pockets molded into the helmet which make an installation easier.

Hope this helps!

Mike
    5 of 6
    Tattoomike
    5 years ago
    yes that's the helmet I have in 104 Evo...
     so you're saying there's other systems that would work within the helmet?

and how do you work the systems because you can make and receive calls but how do you answer them if there's not a button outside to push?
    music?

wonder if it can tie into my fuzzbuster(jammer)...
    i built one that fires emp jamming from old microwave, the trigger is tied to a light in my detector.
    6 of 6
    billrhb
    5 years ago
    I have the N-104 Nolan, not the newer Evo unit. Here is the website for Nolan to find out about your bluetooth options: