Eastrern TN CabinsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    Roadkingjim
    5 years ago
    Looking for biker friendly rental cabins in Eastern Tennessee.  Any suggestions.  Have done Bryson City NC last year looking for something different
    2 of 6
    MTSweger
    5 years ago
    Not Eastern Tennessee, but close...

I stayed at Dragon's Rest (www.dragonsrestcabins.com) in Robbinsville a few years ago.  Pulled in there on a whim (and without a reservation) to hunker down during a massive thunderstorm and got a small one-room cabin for the night. They have covered motorcycle parking with hoses, etc. where you can clean the crud off your bike, which I considered a nice bonus after building up a rather extensive insect collection on the beemer all day and riding through the afternoon storm on muddy roads. Nothing fancy, but very reasonable price (~$75/night IIRC) and close to many "destination" roads, e.g., US-129, Cherohala Skyway, etc.

Several more cabin rentals near Robbinsville too, but I have no first-hand experience with those. If you're looking for something further east, I'd suggest staying near Watauga Lake--beautiful area!

Of course, there are also beaucoup cabin rentals near the Smoky Mountain (Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge) if that's the sort of thing you're looking for. Wife and I have rented cabins from Aunt Bug's in Pigeon Forge (www.auntbugs.com) several times over the past decade. Although their office is in town, they've got a wide selection of cabins scattered throughout the surrounding area. We've always been happy with their cabins and overall service.

-MTS
    3 of 6
    What do you want to be near in TN? NC gets you closer to more good rides.
    4 of 6
    Roadkingjim
    5 years ago
    have done the NC side enough, just looking for something different
    5 of 6
    Roadkingjim
    5 years ago
    I have found a cabin near Sevierville, TN
    Looks really nice. 
    Looking forward to doing some riding in the area.  Any suggestions would be appreciated,
    6 of 6
    MTSweger
    5 years ago
    1. The obligatory ride up to Clingman's Dome is fun, as is Wears Valley. However, both are best done on weekdays (off peak) because traffic can be slow and atrocious at times, especially on weekends.  

2. If you're planning to hit the Tail of the Dragon (US-129) from Sevierville, I would suggest heading over to Townshend and cutting through Happy Valley on Foothills Parkway to Chilhowie.

3. I always enjoy riding from Vonare to Tellico Plains on route 360 (nice scenery and fun road with very little traffic) then Cherohala Skyway over to Robbinsville.

4. Pittman Center Road (416) is fun too, but again traffic can be an issue at times.

5. Finally, depending on your route to/from Sevierville, consider riding "The Snake" (US-421) between Mountain City and Bristol.  Highly recommended!

All of these roads are well known so my suggestions will come as no surprise. Just throwing some ideas out there.

-MTS