Cannon Ball Centennial RideSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 9
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    There's a two page article about Cannon Ball Baker and the Centennial Ride in this months Motorcycle Consumer News print edition.

2 of 9
    rshaug
    9 years ago
    MCN (both this american one and the terrific British one) is also available for the iPad, both single issue and subscription. I now have all my subscriptions digital and they're terrific.
    3 of 9
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    There is a photo with a certain Beloved Blue Oil Burner in it on page 44 of this months Cycle World Magazine. (They dedicated 6 pages to the Cannon Ball Centennial ride).

Craziness.
    4 of 9
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    I've posted videos of the presentation at Bob's BMW:

5 of 9
    Ian
    9 years ago
    NIce.  I mean your comments on the video page - I haven't watched the presentation.

Hopefully this means there will, in fact, be many more cross-country trips for you!  Wouldn't mind seeing your ugly face out this way again. 

Yeah, I feel a older, too.  Thanks for reminding me to suck it up and make more riding plans.  As a matter of fact, this coming long weekend I'll be doing a three day ride around northern Washington.  Remember the friendly town of Winthrop?  (The one without the taxis.)
    6 of 9
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    Was Winthrop where we got your battery and I got tires and a tank bag?
    7 of 9
    Ian
    9 years ago
    That was Spokane.  Winthrop is the tiny "old west" town with raised wooden sidewalks.  That's where we had that awesome campsite by the river. 

Hey, didn't mean to threadjack.  I'll start a new thread to pick it up after my upcoming weekend ride.
    8 of 9
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    Ah, that's right. I was there with Yun in 2013 as well. I had forgotten about the taxi's there. That's why we walked into town, if I remember correctly.
    9 of 9
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    New summary video of the Cannon Ball Centennial Ride. It includes reactions and thoughts from a number of riders including myself.

Video #10755
    Yermo
    9 years ago

100 Years - Finding Cannon Ball's Trail

Retracing the steps of Cannon Ball Baker as he traveled from San Diego, CA to New York, NY in 1914. If you want to do it, just do it. Start planning your own...