Favorite Motorcycle Quotes?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 14
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    Do you have any favorite motorcycle quotes? They could be serious, philosophical or funny.

Today, Megan on Facebook commented to a video I shared:

"If you love your bike, set it free. If it comes back to you, you just highsided."

#quotes 
    2 of 14
    Ian
    9 years ago
    "You were shifting?"  (Sorry, Yermo!)

The Monster has tall gearing and is "torquey".  On our first trip through Deal's Gap, we gradually started picking up the pace.  We had a spirited ride during which I was in second gear the whole way.  It only occurred to me later how much more work it would have been (on, say, a K100) if each of the 318 turns required both a downshift and an upshift (or two).
    3 of 14
    mjlfjr
    9 years ago
    "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. We want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man"  (from "The Wild Angels," a 1966 biker movie).
    4 of 14
    David Hardy
    8 years ago
    "I'd Rather be Riding a Motorcycle Talking to God, than be in a Church Wishing I was Riding a Motorcycle"
    5 of 14
    Yermo
    8 years ago
    That rocks.
    6 of 14
    Gerald Barrowman
    8 years ago
    "Motorcycles don't wear out, only motorcycle parts wear out".
    Author unknown
    7 of 14
    Gerald Barrowman
    8 years ago
    This one just came to me when a poster put up his dirt bike on Facebook and it made me think of my dearly missed dirt bike days.  From Rod Stewart’s “The Killing of Georgie”

"Never wait or hesitate
    Get it in kid, before it's too late
    You may never get another chance
    'Cos youth's a mask but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast"
    8 of 14
    Beekeeper
    8 years ago
    "Some people feel the rain; other just get wet." Roger Miller
    9 of 14
    Gerald Barrowman
    8 years ago
    "There are those that ride...then there are those that have to ride".
    Author unknown
    10 of 14
    Craig
    8 years ago
    There are motorcycle owners and motorcycle riders. I know a lot of owners and few riders.
    11 of 14
    Gerald Barrowman
    8 years ago
    "Alive but for a bug in the eye"

From Easyriders Mag. "Memorials" page, a LONG time ago. 
    You don't forget a quote like that!
    12 of 14
    Gerald Barrowman
    8 years ago
    Another one came to me from my years of reading "Easyriders". This was a reply to something like "Why do you ride"? 

"You gotta know man, you just gotta know". 
    13 of 14
    Gerald Barrowman
    8 years ago
    “I wouldn’t have thought Jesus Christ himself on a motorcycle could have zeroed that section” 

Dave Beson, a member of the Valley Trail Riders at an enduro checkpoint in the 70’s commenting to the eldest son of the Scharphorn’s, a legendary enduro racing family from Michigan. 
    14 of 14
    Gerald Barrowman
    8 years ago
    “We don’t recruit, we recognize”.

Sonny Barger in an interview responding to the question: “How do you recruit for the Hell’s Angels”?