New Kawasaki H-2Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 8
    buffalo
    9 years ago
    As one who's always had a keen appreciation for Kawasaki's performance focus, and as someone who actually rode an original H-2 triple two stroke on several occasions, I'm really interested in seeing what Kawi unveils here. 

This will be the first Kawasaki to wear the H-2 badge since the original...
    2 of 8
    Ulywood
    9 years ago
    This has generated a fair amount of speculation of what the nature of this new bike will be.  I guess we all have a bit of the nostalgia bug and we enjoy seeing references to those machines of yesteryear.  Whatever will be announced on September 30th, it is good to see the industry seeking to take a positive step or leap forward with new models and resurrected brands.  The sound clip made me think we are looking at a super charged or turbocharged triple.  There's my $.02.  
    3 of 8
    Ian
    9 years ago
    Suzuki's turbocharged 588cc twin sounds promising.  More of this kind of bike would be a good thing.

Link #10520
    Ian
    9 years ago

Japanese motorcycles moving into forced induction - Autoblog

Kawasaki reveals it's working on a supercharged motorbike engine, while Suzuki goes the turbo route with new Recursion concept.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/30/...
    4 of 8
    Ulywood
    9 years ago
    I agree with Ian, this Suzuki does have promise and it may very well help the "come-back-kid" of the industry come-back all the faster.  
    5 of 8
    buffalo
    9 years ago
    It would be interesting to see if forced induction catches on. I remember the experiments that the Japanese did with this back in the 80s. A friend had a Honda turbo which I got to take out once. When the turbo hit, it was *quite* noticeable
    6 of 8
    Ian
    9 years ago
    I say bring it on!  :)  I'd love to ride a bike like that. 
    7 of 8
    Ulywood
    9 years ago
    I bought an '82 Yamaha Seca Turbo leftover back in 1984.  Yamaha had taken $2000 off the price bringing the price down to $2995.  That motorcycle averaged 62+mpg when ridden hard all day.  It was faster or as fast as all my buddies' bikes.  The only bike that it couldn't leave in the dust was my friend's Honda V65 Sabre but the Sabre couldn't pull away from the little 650 either, it was a dead heat.  The guy who bought it from me had to replace the turbo after he had 110,000 miles on it.  He rode that bike everywhere in the United States and Canada.  There was a moment of turbo-lag back in the early 80's but once that thing came on boost it would fly... I loved that bike, a great sport-tourer and good looking to boot.  
    8 of 8
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    More from Revzilla: 

Link #10542
    Yermo
    9 years ago

Kawasaki Ninja H2 - The fastest production motorcycle in the world? - Common Tread - RevZilla

Kawasaki's newest Ninja H2 video, released yesterday morning, hints at some very bold claims.

http://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...