Cycle Shell - flip cover garageSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    Gabe
    9 years ago
    For those riders looking for exterior weather protection when parking at home and who may not have the luxury of a garage, there is this - the Cycle Shell. From the various flip-top garages I researched, this seemed to have the best reviews. It barely fits on the sidewalk next to our house, (I bought the larger touring model so I can store it with the trunk on). It feels like quality fabric and velcro seals pretty nicely (2 breathing vents, each end) along with 2 pins and some D-ring tie-downs for cinching shut.

The diamond-plating placement for the tires and kickstand took a few tries and it comes with a center stand placement. My only concern is the plastic base while reinforced internally, feels awfully smooshy/flexible but time will tell how that holds up. Setup is a breeze and it takes about 4 weeks for delivery to arrive (no online ordering, they build each by hand before shipping).

Photo #10768
    Gabe
    9 years ago

Photo #10769
    Gabe
    9 years ago

Photo #10770
    Gabe
    9 years ago

I only recommend a solid flat and level base to set it on, though it comes with 2 stakes to hold it down should you want to secure it and reportedly will hold 6 inches of snow. They recommend a standard sealant you can get at Walmart for additional protection and to help the cover maintain it's lifespan. As for me, I'm just hoping to keep the moisture and cobwebs off the bike year round. So far it's a win, and I'll see how it holds up for the next year or two and lives up to it's great reviews.

More info. at their website below.

Link #10767
    Gabe
    9 years ago

CycleShell Enclosure - Outdoor Motorcycle Cover - Protection

Superior to a motorcycle cover, the CycleShell enclosure is a collapsible shelter for outdoor motorcycle protection and storage.

http://www.cycleshell.com/
    2 of 4
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    That looks very cool. Thanks for the info!
    3 of 4
    acerydr
    last year
    i used one of these for outdoor protection living on the gulf coast for 7 years.  Had to replace the outer cover after about 5 years due to the harshness of the salt air.  Bike actually stayed pretty protected if i did my job of rinsing the bike off after a ride. Again,  salt air is brutal on everything down there. 
    4 of 4
    A convenient solution.