Charity RideSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    So I have a friend who is tragically in the hospital and facing ridiculous medical bills.

Link #10858
    Yermo
    9 years ago

Send Brooklyn Love - Raise Funds by sandy smeenk - GoFundMe

Send Brooklyn Love - Raise Funds by sandy smeenk - HELP GIVE HOPE - RAISE BROOKLYN S SPIRITS & FUNDS FOR MEDICAL CARE: So close to being home! On Friday, November 14, 2014 Rebecca was driving Brooklyn home from Lanham, Maryland after recovering from spine surgery when they hit black ice. The transport truck in front of them was sliding acro...

http://www.gofundme.com/hr8j94

(Bummer that the graphic doesn't work)

Well, nevertheless, Michael Stout suggested that maybe I consider putting together a charity ride for donations for Brooklyn. 

I'm not sure that I'll do something like this, or that it would even work, but I figure I'd post the question to see if anyone here has done a charity ride before? If so, what results did you get? How'd you promote it? What did you do? 

Just thinking at this point.
    2 of 6
    Beekeeper
    9 years ago
    If you decide to do it I can give you some pointers. I've been involved in those things for years. It's not hard at all if you have about eight or ten people who are willing to lend a hand.
    3 of 6
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    Beekeeper, Thank you! If this happens, it would likely be next summer.
    4 of 6
    Beekeeper
    9 years ago
    Just let me know, I'll be glad to share what I've experienced.
    5 of 6
    Michael Stout
    9 years ago
    Have you read the news on your friend? Seems the surgery was a success. The accident wasn't the source of her back issues, but acted as an indicator to what the real problem was. Brooklyn was up, and walking around, shortly after the surgery.
    6 of 6
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    yes, I got an SMS with a photo of her standing. Unfortunately, she's still not out of the woods. She's still in the hospital fighting some infection. Last I heard from her she has pneumonia. Poor thing.