Wheel Bearing Removal and Installation Tool SuggestionsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 5
    ryan647
    8 years ago
    I need to replace bearings in a front wheel of a 1997 Honda VFR750f.  The last time I replaced bearings I did it with a drift and a socket that was the same size as the OD of the new bearing.

I want to get the correct tools for the job, and wanted some suggestions on a motorcycle wheel bearing removal tool and a motorcycle wheel bearing press kit.

Thanks in advance for your help
    2 of 5
    Yermo
    8 years ago
    This is the wheel bearing puller I use:

It works quite well. For driving wheel bearings in I've just been using a socket of approximately the right size. I've probably done a dozen or so bearings so far in this fashion. (i.e. don't let your friends know you know how to fix their motorcycles. )
    3 of 5
    ryan647
    8 years ago
    I found that exact one and it has the correct size adapters for the bearings I want to replace.

Next is to find a press for the installation of the new ones.  I found a couple of different driver sets for pounding them in, but would much rather have a press tool that guarantees they go in at the correct angle.

4 of 5
    buffalo
    8 years ago
    Would this work?

Link #11138
    buffalo
    8 years ago

12 Ton Shop Press

Amazing deals on this 12Ton H-Frame Industrial Hd Floor Shop Press at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton...
    5 of 5
    ryan647
    8 years ago
    You know, that exact tool came up in a few of the initial searches that made when looking for the wheel bearing tools.  I opted for the slide hammer.