Twisted ThrottleSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 5
    Yermo
    3 years ago
    I was asked to write an article for Twisted Throttle. They made it available here:

Link #155394
    Yermo
    3 years ago

10 Times Things Went Wrong on the Trans America Trail - Twisted Throttle

There's always a competing balance between preparing and going. Follow along as Yermo learns things the hard way along the Trans America Trail!

https://twistedthrottle.com/10-time...
    2 of 5
    Advsonr1200gsa
    3 years ago
    this sounds like what a trip would be like for me. From getting lost to getting stuck. Despite it all you had a memorable trip. I like doing things alone but I don’t think I would do that. I find myself needing  help on the local trails here sometimes.  To the next great adventure.

Tony
    3 of 5
    Yermo
    3 years ago
    It's all a question of practice and experience. I had the advantage that I've been riding for a very long time, just not that much off road. 

The TAT is totally doable with a few years of riding experience and, especially, a few ADV rider courses under your belt.

Hopefully, I'll be able to take some in the summer once (fingers crossed) this pandemic settles down. I need to work on riding over rock garden and through sand and mud. 
    4 of 5
    Robermcm
    3 years ago
    well done, Yermo! Cool that you got published. Your writing style is direct and simple, but rich. Loved it. 
    5 of 5
    Yermo
    3 years ago
    Thank you!