Hurricane Creek Ride Dec 2Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    3712 Crabtree Rd, Waynesville, NC 28786

Unable to embed shared object. Sharing permissions error?
    2 of 6
    Video #47322

Hurricane / Wesley Creek Rds Group Dec 2 17

A group ride on Hurricane Creek Road to Wesley Creek Road with a talented bunch of adventure riders. Wet, rocky, steep near the end.
    3 of 6
    Yermo
    6 years ago
    Man, I wish I could have joined you on this. That looks like it was fun.
    4 of 6
    It's one of the closest to my place. We'll do it again.

This group went the other direction, the first time uphill for me. It's more difficult uphill and the road has deteriorated as it's been in use for hunting season.

I was impressed with the riders in this group. There was some real talent. The couple leading were 2 up on a GS. They went through it all. 
    5 of 6
    Yermo
    6 years ago
    I was noticing that. I thought doing the video from the perspective of the rear wheel facing rearward was very compelling.
    6 of 6
    The side story of this ride was testing the video cameras and mounts. My old helmet mount failed. The Schubert C-3 helmet has few mounting options. These shots were aimed a little high, but worked. I hope these GoPro 5's are really waterproof, the back facing one is caked in mud.

The rear shots with the wheel are nice, you get a photo of the bikes behind. It also gives you a close-to-the-ground perspective. You get much better results of trailing bikes with a chest harness pointing backwards, but that takes a partner to work the camera. I also have a front mount that tracks the front wheel but I didn't switch to it this trip. I didn't want to impose on the ride messing around with cameras too much.