The Bugs Thread - Please Post Bugs HereSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    This is the central bugs thread. 

If you noticed problems, please add a post to this thread and tag it with #bug. (hashtag bug) 

Please only post one problem per post. I intend to use them as a TODO list. As I fix them, I'll untag the bug and replace it with #bug_fixed

To help me out, when providing information about a problem please include:

1. what browser you are using. e.g. Chrome, Safari, MSIE, FireFox, etc. If you are tech savvy check the Javascript Error Console and see if there is anything listed in the ERROR tab.

2. what operating system you are running under e.g. Windows, Linux, MacOSX

3. steps required to reproduce the problem. 

4, If you were given a "formVIsta' error please jot down the error number so I can look it up in the logs. 
    2 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    The live site is running significantly slower than the development copy, possibly a setup issue. #bug
    3 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Notifications are sometimes doubling up. #bug
    4 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Posts are sometimes doubling up #bug
    5 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Bookmark dialog expands beyond limit of screen, a.la. rshaug's comment about facebook dialogs.  #bug
    6 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Admin cannot set threads as sticky. #bug 
    7 of 45
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    #bug

When selecting "e-mail notification" from the dropdown menu of the username, the attached page is displayed. #bug 

1.Browser: Chrome Version 25.0.1364.172 m

java console gives this error: "GET  http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js "

2. OS: windows 7

3. steps required to reproduce the problem: per bug description 
    4, If you were given a "formVIsta' error please jot down the error number so I can look it up in the logs: NA
    8 of 45
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Second Bug:

Adding photo inline into reply on bug thread threw a bug. #bug

FormVista Error: formVista ERROR #31209:We are sorry but that has been a system error. {"files":[{ "error":"", "name":"", "size":"", "url": "", "thumbnail_url": "", "delete_url": "", "delete_type": "DELETE" }]}
    9 of 45
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    When I click on the notifications character by my avatar, I get an ordered list of notifications, but the text doesn't fit in the boxes quite right. Also, once I click on the notifications character, I can't get back to it (the notifications listing) until I get new notifications.This is in firefox 19/win xp. #bug
    10 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    What browser?
    11 of 45
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    firefox 19, winxp.  To reproduce, click on the notifications character next to your avatar.
    12 of 45
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Can't turn "watch" on on the photos page.Firefox 19.02, win xp. #bug
    13 of 45
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    When putting quotes in the title of a photo for upload, I got this error:
    Error SyntaxError: JSON.parse: expected ',' or '}' after property value in objectand the upload failed. When I escaped the quotes with backslashes, the upload worked.firefox 19.02, winXP. #bug
    14 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    doh. At least I know what's causing that one.

Don't forget to tag bug reports with a # followed by bug. That way I can search for all bugs and keep track of them.
    15 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    (To see all bug reports filed you can just click on one of the #bug's in any post or search for # bug in the search bar. 
    16 of 45
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Yermo wrote:

Don't forget to tag bug reports with a # followed by bug. That way I can search for all bugs and keep track of them.
    I had expected the bugs I put in to be taged with "bug" when hashtagging them, but they didn't. "hashtag bug" did not work. Using Chrome on Win7 on another machine, #bug now seems to work. 
    17 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    add rich_textarea support in photo descriptions so we can hashtag and @mention there as well. #bug #featurerequest 
    18 of 45
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    When uploading several photos at one time, the first photo label and description are used for ALL of the photos uploaded, ignoring titles and descriptions provided for the rest of the pictures. #bug
    19 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Oops. Good find.
    20 of 45
    Gabe
    11 years ago
    Yermo,

In addition to the bug I mentioned to you prior (carriage returns missing using Firefox), found a new one - can't log in using IE9. #bug

IE9 - 9.0.8112.16421
    Update versions: 9.0.14 (KB28909289)
    Windows 7 Professional.

Attempted to log in using e-mail address and password using the top right "login" hyperlink... nothing happens. Password vanishes and the dialog (login prompt) remains there.

- Gabe

EDIT UPDATE: For the IE9 bug - upon clicking elsewhere, it looks like a login was successful even though the dialog did not go anywhere. I appear to be logged in.
    21 of 45
    Gabe
    11 years ago
    Another IE9 #bug that may or may not be related to the prior one I posted.

The dialog window for editing a forum post of mine does not
    vanish or update the window. However upon X'ing or cancling the dialog window out, if I refresh (reload) IE9 for that page I can see the update took. Sounds similar to the prior bug to me.
    22 of 45
    Gabe
    11 years ago
    Sorry dude, found 3 more bugs.

Bug 1: #bug

The post dialog editor behavior is inconsistent using carriage returns and backspaces. I've been able to replicate the behavior on Windows 7 Pro. using:

IE9 - 9.0.8112.16421
    Update versions: 9.0.14 (KB28909289)

Chrome Version 25.0.1364.172 m

Carriage returns often double-space... multiple backspaces (sometimes no amount of backspaces) will go back to the line above. However this works just fine in Firefox 19.0.2.

Bug 2: #bug

The arrow keys for navigating the cursor for IE9 and Chrome (versions above) work properly. However in Firefox 19.0.2 when entering text in the dialog box, the cursor keys do not function... it's like the OLD days where you had to find a way to move the cursor creatively (cringe). Should be easy to replicate using the description.

Bug 3: #bug

Upon deleting the Bug Hashtag at the very top of this forum post, it apparently center-spaced the text (no clue how, maybe there is a "center" keyboard shortcut I hit? Using Chrome Version 25.0.1364.172 m. Tried to replicate this behavior but unable to do so.

- Gabe
    23 of 45
    Gabe
    11 years ago
    Okay, I was in the midst of posting a last bug... and I hit another bug.

Bug A: #bug
    Notification text overlaps for 2 or more notifications at the top... it's like the HTML positioning is off... using Firefox 19.0.2 on Win7 pro... (couldn't retest using other browsers due to no new notifications).

Bug B: #bug
    Upon submitting the above text apparently maybe something new (some type of ASCII text) was introduced? It was something I was unaware of so I don't know if you have the ability to view failed attempts at posting, but the attempt didn't take and instead I got a message in red font using Chrome Version 25.0.1364.172 m that said:

An error has occurred.

Tags may only include numbers and letters.

There has been a validation error.

- Gabe
    24 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Press F12. Let me know if you are in IE9 Compatibility mode.
    25 of 45
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Photos were sending notifications out to anyone who had posted photos to the album regardless of the preference setting. This should be fixed now. #bug_fixed