Road Trip! Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 5
    BilliamM
    6 years ago
    Hi all. I am planning a trip to NY in June. Want to hit Hawks Nest, Ithica, and Syracuse on a 4-5 day ride. If you are familiar with the area, or the route below, I would love some insight on great places to ride, eat and sleep. 
    2 of 5
    Yermo
    6 years ago
    You can embed links here so they get nicely included by clicking the link button at the bottom of the reply window. 

It would show up like:

3 of 5
    BilliamM
    6 years ago
    Thanks!
    4 of 5
    Yermo
    6 years ago
    This gave me an idea for a feature I want to develop.

So I have this thing here called the "Map Explorer". It's a way to query the database here for roads, routes, points of interest.

Right now it lets you query the database by geographic area. Basically you can search for @ username or # tagname in an area. So for example you could search for @ yermo (without the space.) to see my routes, tracks, and anything I've come across.

I think it would be pretty powerful to expand the search to allow you to search along a route for recommendations. Hmmmm.

Unfortunately, I haven't gone up that way very often so don't have much in the way of good roads or stops tagged.
    5 of 5
    Yermo
    6 years ago
    Map #52010
    Yermo
    6 years ago

Zekes Coffee to Lackawaxen PA

BilliamM was asking for recommendations and posted a Google Map of his anticipated route. I recreated the route so I can see it in the Map Explorer to see if there are any recommendations.