Yay new exhaustSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 8
    Tattoomike
    5 years ago
    so I decided I made some measurements and copied some similar geometry but slightly changed and made my own mid pipe out of 2 inch pipe a friend of mine let me use her muffler pipe bender and then I bought a Akrapovic knock off without a baffle in it it sounds amazing and runs amazingly well very very proud of it very short very light a little bitter aggressive sound but not deafening but people definitely know I'm there plus I've decided that I'm going to a 160 60 17 Z rated tire for the rear with the full bore M1 I'm pretty sure I've got my bike almost in perfect condition now it's time to start on paint work
    2 of 8
    Tattoomike
    5 years ago
    by the way does anybody know how to post a picture cuz I tried to upload it using the little camera icon but it never shows up
    3 of 8
    Yermo
    5 years ago
    Click the camera icon. 

Select files to upload.

Click the "Certify right to distribute these images"

Click "Start Upload"

Click "Embed All"

If the photos don't show up in your post after you click "Embed All" please let me know what browser you are using because chances are there's some bug.
    4 of 8
    Tattoomike
    5 years ago
    I'll try it again but it's exactly what I did pretty much I think I'm using the Chrome browser but I could be wrong I don't know it's just whatever the hell came on this phone
    Photo #55482
    Tattoomike
    5 years ago
    New pipe
    5 of 8
    Tattoomike
    5 years ago
    okay it was the same process that I tried and failed several times before it was just that I had to take the picture with the camera after I hit upload file or add file instead of being able to pull it from my gallery but it does the same thing on eBay I guess I got to figure it out though but that's the new pipe it's Akrapovic knock off and I normally hate doing stuff like that but it was too good a deal to pass up because I have less than $50 in the entire exhaust system minus the header paint I'm going to do the mid pipe with
    6 of 8
    Yermo
    5 years ago
    huh. Very weird. Sorry about that.
    7 of 8
    buffalo
    5 years ago
    Looks like a really clean install, inline with what you'd expect on a newer Japanese bike. Nicely done.

Any sense of where you jetting is now with the new setup? I recall there used to be a product called Colortune, which was a spark plug that would actually let you *see* combustion color in the chamber.

Not sure if that would help. Also, if it were my bike (and especially after all the work you've done) I'd be very interested in a dyno run to see where things were vs. stock...
    8 of 8
    Tattoomike
    5 years ago
    the best part about this exhaust other than the fact that there was a major performance gain basically because my bike is running rich already is that there are no seals there are no clamps no welds no nothing it's just so tightly fit that when you bought the muffler on everything else is held in place steadier than the original was but I've done exhaust work for 10 years so this is kind of my thing I wish however I could have found stainless pipe to do the mid pipe with because I'm going to use some header wrap or header paint so when it starts to rust or to keep it from rust as far as Dyno runs I don't know anybody at near me that has a dyno but I still have some work to do I've got cracked carburetor boots also they haven't cracked all the way through but they're on their way so I ordered a new set and I've got a guy down here in my little town that's going to help me sync the carburetors if that's the only problem then I don't want to mess with the jetting if jetting is an issue then I'll probably send them off to Old School carbs. Com