Removing The ShinySubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 5
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    After another small round of wrenching on the DR, I took it out on it's maiden voyage after appropriately badging the beast.

Photo #5677
    Yermo
    11 years ago

The old gravel pits around here that I used to ride in are heavily patrolled the last time I checked so I figured I'd largely stay on roads. I came across a NO OUTLET sign and, I guess it was intuition, but the street ended in the beginning of a ridiculously technical little trail that went on for a few miles at least. 

Any doubts I had about the Mighty DR or my own offroad riding have been allayed. 

Photo #5682
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    A little hill
    Photo #5680
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    A little obstacle

Photo #5681
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    A little gulley

Photo #5679
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    A Dirty Dirty DR
    2 of 5
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Excellent! 
    3 of 5
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    It was a surprising amount of fun. I'm very much looking forward to going camping next weekend on a 40 mile off-road loop in the George Washington National Forest.
    4 of 5
    Ian
    11 years ago
    Yermo looking forward to camping?  You realize there will most likely be a winter storm, right?  Or a bear attack, or bugs, or something...  ;)Hey, good news, I fixed my charging system problem.  The bike will be back on the road tomorrow!
    5 of 5
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Of course there will be. But it'll give me some new materials. Guys here are starting to get tired of the "camping in the freezing rain and 30mph wind when the ranger said there were heated cabins just down the road" story.

Congrats on getting the bike fixed!