$15 Dyno Runs At Bob's BMW This SaturdaySubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 11
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Bob's open house is this Saturday, 27 April.  Among other things, they'll have $15 dyno runs, or $3 for $25 :-)http://www.bobsbmw.com
    2 of 11
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I'm in. I think Yun Lung Yang is as well. What time were you thinking of heading up?
    3 of 11
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Probably earlyish. 10-11? Any takers on the other side of the river?
    4 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Meet at my house? 10:30 to split the difference?
    5 of 11
    buffalo
    10 years ago
    Yep, I can live with that
    6 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
     Yun Lung Yang can't go but I'm likely going to take his bike up there to get it dynoed. I figure that's more interesting than taking a completely stock and beat R1100S. AGrip will probably join us as well.

I don't think anyone else is going to be going. If Yun is ok with it, I figure we could probably go for a little ride afterwards, otherwise we could head back here and switch bikes. You need to try the Mighty DR. 

Oh, and I went down to the power lines that we talked about, found the huge beaver damn, which is still there 20 years later, and then headed up to Croften where I did find the gravel pits yesterday but they are being developed in a big way. Very sad.  
    7 of 11
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    I may join you guys, I was told that you should let the oil warm up a bit before changing it

If I can I'll just plan to be at the lair at the appropriate time. Plus, this is the last weekend on these tires. May as well use them up I think a photo-op burnout may be in order at some point.
    8 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Excellent. See you tomorrow!
    9 of 11
    buffalo
    10 years ago
    Oh, I dunno, it might be very interesting to see how your "beat' R11 did on the dyno.  I must admit, the possibility of trying the DR is tempting.Is that crazy house in the middle of the woods still there in crofton, or is it gone?
    10 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    I don't remember the house. Failing memory again. It comes and goes.

I remember the field of cars. They're just remnants of metal now. Some of the areas look the same but others have changed significantly. It seems much less used now I guess because of all the construction. Before too long it'll be gone I suspect.

Contrast that to the area down South along the power lines. That's gotten huge and interesting.
    11 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    buffalo If you want, you can borrow my gear and take the bike for a day or two to go play. Too bad we don't have a second one right now.