If you have trouble logging in please let me knowSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    If any of you have wanted to log in but have been unable to please LET ME KNOW! by selecting the CONTACT link from the top menu or reach out to me on twitter or facebook.

I have fixed a couple of bugs in the login code, notably the one that was causing trouble under some versions of MSIE:
    Bug Report (5496)

Can't Log in Using MSIE 9

reported by Gabe(https://adv-traveler.com/371) In addition to the bug I mentioned to you prior (carriage returns missing using Firefox), found a new one - can't log in using IE9. #bug IE9 - 9.0.8112.16421 Update versions: 9.0.14 (KB28909289) Windows 7 Professional. Attempted to log in using e-mail address and password using the top right "login" hyperlink... nothing happens. Password vanishes and the dialog (login prompt) remains there. - Gabe EDIT UPDATE: For the IE9 bug - upon clicking elsewhere, it looks like a login was successful even though the dialog did not go anywhere. I appear to be logged in. This may be part of a larger bug. I'm seeing intermittent login problems but have not yet narrowed down the exact case.

11 years ago byYermo
    If any part of logging in, registration, or password reminders doesn't work or doesn't work as you would expect, please do let me know. 

Thanks.
    2 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    jpcfjr and Gabe, if you could do a quick login test on your machines and let me know if it works correctly now, that'd be great. 

(And if you could get me those TPS reports ...)
    3 of 11
    jpcfjr
    10 years ago
    I tested it and it's still a problem.  Full description of what I'm seeing:

When I reach the login box, I type my email and password into the prescribed fields.  Note that pressing return does not intiate the login, only clicking on the "login" button starts the login - this is a little annoying but not horrible.
    Once the "login" button is clicked, I see the password disappear but the box remains.  At this point I am actually logged in but the only way to know it is by clicking X on the upper right corner of the box and then refreshing the page.  After that I can see I'm logged in.
    4 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Please clear your cache and repeat if you have a moment.

ALT-X
    Select Internet Options
    Click Delete from "Browsing HIstory". 
    Select "Temporary Internet Files"

Then log out, reload the page.

Now press F12 which will bring up the "javascript console" and will display any error messages.

Please try to log in again and let me know if you see any messages in the javascript error console. and repeat. 

It's working over here using Internet Explorer 9 under Windows 7. I have to figure out what's different.

Sorry for the hassle.
    5 of 11
    jpcfjr
    10 years ago
    I cleared the temp internet files and tried again, same result.  Also pressing F12 doesn't do anything.
    6 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Bummer. Alright. 

Thanks for trying that. What version of MSIE? What version of Windows?
    7 of 11
    jpcfjr
    10 years ago
    Windows 7, IE 8
    8 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    IE 8? Shit. 

All this time I thought it was IE 9. This is a work computer, I'm guessing?

Most of what I'm building won't work under IE 8. I'm surprised you're able to post anything at all given how gawdawful that browser is.  IE started becoming civilized around IE 9 so that's what I've been targeting. I don't have a copy of IE 8 here anywhere to work with but if I can dig one up, I'll see if there are some tweaks I can make to make the site work better with it. 

I'm not sure the mapping code I'm working on will work with that browser at all. (IE 8 and earlier do things in a broken way meaning I would largely have to develop everything over again just to support those older browsers ... at the time I wrote all this stuff I thought making the compromise to just focus on current generation browsers would allow me to get things done sooner rather than later. .... )
    9 of 11
    buffalo
    10 years ago
    MSIE 8, WinXP--login says it failed, but if you refresh, you find yourself logged in.  Here are the details:

Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; AskTbORJ/5.15.15.36191)Timestamp: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 23:41:07 UTC
    http://miles-by-motorcycle.com/forums/discussion.html
    10 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Oh what a pain. Alright. That's not bad to fix.
    11 of 11
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Ok, /now/ it should be fixed.  

It turns out you can set MSIE 9 to fall back to MSIE 8 compatibility mode. It seems to work now. Please let me know.