Go Pro Card/Battery PonderingsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    buffalo
    10 years ago
    So, considering that a fully charged go pro battery and a 16 GB card last about the same amount of time, I'm considering picking up a 32 GB card, and an extra battery.Speaking of cards, what's everyone using in their cameras? I've had good luck with the 16 GB Sandisk Extreme card that came with the camera. Has anyone used anything else?I may also add the wifi backpack for the trip.
    2 of 4
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    I am seriously considering picking up the Hero 3 with the remote.
    3 of 4
    scottreds2k
    10 years ago
    I've had a 1st gen Hero, a Hero HD and now a Hero 3 Black.  Word of caution with the Black.  The battery life is terrible in comparison to the other 2 I've had.  Battery life was never a consideration for me for what I used it for.  I typically use it for recording autocross runs and it's on for an hour or so, recording for 20 minutes total.  The 1st and only time I used the remote with the camera was 2 weeks ago and I was stunned when the battery died after being on for probably 2 hours.  The remote and the application that works on either android or iphone both connect to the wifi hotspot the camera sets up.  The features are fantastic.  Streaming video to the phone, remote activation from 100ft away, settings controlled from the phone, not the quirky lcd menu and of course excellent quality video.  I was warned by someone at the autocross that the battery life left a bit to be desired when using the remote.  Next time, I'll use the wifi to get the settings and the camera aimed properly, then turn off the wifi and control the recording manually.  sample videos from 04/14 were recorded in 1080p @ 30fps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF4wD-OXO_w
    4 of 4
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    scottreds2k, Thanks for the heads up!