The "air it out" Engineering threadSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 5
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    It wasn't very nice of us to hijack...pretty much Pervomayskoye-style....Joel's thread so I am starting this new one just for us to go nuts in.

No topic is off limits as loing as there is an "engineering" theme to it or a "this versus that" component. This is THE place to bash the following (but not limited to):
    -Why Harley just can't get their sporting sh!t together, I for one would love to see a nasty dyna-inspired cafe racer
    -Ducati ... Everything after the 916 feels like trying to hard
    -Kawasaki ...COME ON!!! you couldn't put a real helmet lock SOMEWHERE?? And, COME ON, the key hole for the back seat is under the tail, above the tire??
    -Suzuki ... Kawi made (and still does in Japan) the ZRX, Yamaha did a bumblebee R1, Honda has the new CB....where is the new GS1000ES that we all want.
    -BMW - When you decided to make a "fast" bike it had 4 cylinders, a chain, and is smokin's fast. Why does it have to be shaved-dog's-ass-ugly?

So....there's my contribution to the fun.

Flame away!!!!!!!
    2 of 5
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    3 of 5
    jpcfjr
    10 years ago
    Huh, I don't recall any hostages. 
    I'm sadly all out of ammunition...except to say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  But some fools might actually think my Speed Triple is ugly.  Fools.
    4 of 5
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Sorry jpcfjr , it is ugly. Not AS ugly as the RR which is both ugly AND asymmetrical (how german designers got away with that and kept their lives I don't know), but still kind ugly. Maybe functionally ugly though, like a bulldog. Oh wait, that makes sense. English bulldog...triple....I see the resemblance.
    5 of 5
    jpcfjr
    10 years ago
    LOL.  Only a mother could love it.
    Or as they say "he has a face for radio".