Alpenstasr S-MX 5 Vented BootsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Once again, the trip to Deal's Gap highlighted that the Puma GTX Gore-Tex boots I use are simply too hot for aggressive hot day riding. For early spring, fall and winter riding or when it's raining they are great. I had looked at Sidi, but unfortunately they don't seem to have a size that fits my feet. So, based on rshaug's recommendation, I took a look at Alpenstars. I just pulled the trigger on these boots:

Link #6463
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Alpinestars S-MX 5 Vented Boot - RevZilla

Purchase the Alpinestars S-MX 5 Vented Boot at RevZilla Motorsports. Get the best free shipping & exchange deal anywhere, no restock fees and the lowest prices -- guaranteed.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/alp...

Also, remembering what jpcfjr said about the technical socks he uses, I'm giving these obscenely expensive socks a try:

Link #6464
    Yermo
    10 years ago

REV'IT! Tour Summer Socks - RevZilla

Purchase the REV'IT! Tour Summer Socks at RevZilla Motorsports, the Certified #1 REV'IT! Dealer in North America. Expert Service, Fast Free Shipping, Cash Back, No Restock Fees Ever - Lowest Price Guaranteed.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/rev...

I will report back once I give them a try.  
    2 of 4
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    rshaug excellent suggestion to look at Alpenstars Boots. The Sidi boots, while excellent, don't fit the shape of my feet well but these boots fit perfectly and the build quality seems like a significant step up from the Puma GTX Rains I've been wearing these last two years.
    3 of 4
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Yermo that's excellent to hear, glad they're working well for you. Mine are in their 7th year and I think probably their last :-) 
    4 of 4
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    So I've been wearing these boots for most of the day. I must say they are vastly more comfortable than the Puma's were and do seem to breathe pretty well once under way.

The Revit technical socks are a bit bulky so make the boots fit pretty tightly but overall it's "walk around for most of the day" comfortable. They aren't as track oriented as the Puma's, but for the kind of riding I do I think are going to work out much better.