Suzuki DR650SE Tech ThreadSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    76 of 81
    Yermo
    2 years ago
    We probably do 30% dirt or so. The TKC 80's are too aggressive given how much pavement we do. I suspect we'd be looking at more of a 50/50 tire. I've heard good things about the Mitas. 

Thanks for all this! 
    77 of 81
    Take a look at these. I don't know about sizing for you. They do surprisingly well off road, decent on road. 
    Link #165107

Motoz Tractionator GPS Dual Sport Rear Tire | ChapMoto.com

Purchase the Motoz Tractionator GPS Dual Sport Rear Tire for only $144.99 or shop our huge selection of Dual Sport. 40+ Years in Business. No Hassle Returns.

https://www.chapmoto.com/motoz-trac...
    78 of 81
    MudFoot
    2 years ago
    Hey Yermo,
    I recently picked up a 850gs and it was running the Trail Max tires.  I've only taken the bike onto Michaux forest gravel roads, but they did a great job. (I air them down to about 30 psi) On the road they feel like road tires up to 70mph, beyond that I felt they could be a little buzzy.  But that could also just be the bike.  Good luck, but honestly in 2021 there are a lot of good tire choices.  Cheers ... DS
    79 of 81
    Yermo
    2 years ago
    MudFoot, thanks!
    80 of 81
    Robermcm
    2 years ago
    ah, the tire thread. About time mbm had this discussion. 

My experience is with Midas e07, e07+ and e10 tires. The e07 tires are 50/50 tires that are great off road, but they do well on road too. Pretty quiet, relatively. And long life. E10’s are almost tkc80’s, with a little more wear. Not what you’re seeking. 
    81 of 81
    Yermo
    2 years ago
    Oh cool. Thank you Robermcm for the feedback. I appreciate it.