Honda Pacific Coast (PC800) Links And Info Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 7
    buffalo
    5 years ago
    OK, so I'll admit it publicly, I'm one of those odd souls that has been interested in the Honda Pacific Coast since it came out. Maybe it's the modern take on 30's "Aero" styling, or maybe it's because it's such an odd duck of a bike.

While yet again considering buying one of these bikes, I ran across the web page of a guy who seems to be a pretty serious fan, so am posting it for general informational purposes here.
    2 of 7
    ryan647
    5 years ago
    OK, I admit that I've always thought they are pretty interesting too.

Certainly a motorcycle that only a true pragmatist and/or Engineer would be interested in. 

Probably a lot like a K bike (dig, dig)
    3 of 7
    Ian
    5 years ago
    Duncan!  Does Ann know about this?  Does the PC have an engine?  (where is it?)  

I will refrain from passing judgment for now.  Let me take yours for a ride after you get it and then we'll see.  Are there any still out there to be had?
    4 of 7
    buffalo
    5 years ago
    Yeah, I've always found oddball bikes kind of interesting to be honest ?
    5 of 7
    buffalo
    5 years ago
    Surprisingly, there seem to be a fair number out there still with asking prices approaching $4k for the nicer examples. Yermo and I looked at a basket case recently which I (amazingly) elected to pass on.  ? Obviously you're welcome to take it for a ride if I can locate one worth buying.
    6 of 7
    mikesimsr
    5 years ago
    I too always liked the PC.  In fact, I have the modern day version (2010 Honda NT700V) and love it.  I've been to all of the lower 48 on it, plus one Canadian province and just rolled over 100K miles.  It is an odd duck but I guess that's what appeals to this engineer.
    7 of 7
    buffalo
    5 years ago
    I agree with you, the NT700V is the logical successor to the PC800, and I have to admit I find that bike interesting as well. 100k miles and 48 states plus a chunk of Canada are impressive stats! What mods (if any) have you done to the bike to set it up for touring?