M-BY-MC Site Tech ThreadSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    51 of 60
    DaFish
    10 years ago
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rukka-pluto-gloves

I thought I might redeem myself with this link.
    52 of 60
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Another day, another annoying bug fixed. So this one fixes the "link preview dropdown doesn't work after you've inserted something" bug that AGrip found earlier this evening.
    53 of 60
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Just a quick pic on the state of the K100RS:

Photo #9445
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Routine Maintenance
    54 of 60
    Ian
    10 years ago
    That's good, because the next time you have to rebuild your transmission on the side of the road, you'll be prepared!

Seriously, though - ouch!  I hope it all comes back together again.
    55 of 60
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Ian yea, me too. This epic cold of mine is starting to stabilize so I'm getting mentally prepped to start turning wrenches again. With the exception of a few odds and ends and one special tool, I have all the parts I need to finish the job. 
    I still have to pull the clutch and while I'm in there I might as well replace the rear main seal.
    56 of 60
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    One of our members notified me that there was a bug in the group digest settings page. For some members, it was not correctly showing digests enabled in the form so there was no way to turn them off.

If you get daily digests or other notifications emails from this site when you don't want to please let me know. I take that very seriously. Sorry for any inconvenience it's caused.
    57 of 60
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    I've done a minor update to the site. The platform that all this stuff runs on, called Hip Hop VM by Facebook, had a major upgrade which completely changed how the thing is configured and used.

So I've gotten Miles By Motorcycle running on the new HHVM update. I think I have everything correct, but if you notice new problems please let me know.

As part of working with the Cannon Ball Project, I've made some quick tweaks to the maps. There's now a full-screen button and I've changed how searching for points works. There's now a magnifying glass that let's you search for some addresses and most city, state combinations. 

I've also improved uploading photos on the map. I'll write up some help text to describe how to use the various features. Uploading GPX tracks to the maps should now be working again as well.
    58 of 60
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    There is a bug that if you're displaying the map full screen, then point of interest dialogs don't display.
    59 of 60
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    This site runs on a platform called HipHopVM. As some of you have noticed, we've been occasionally getting 502 errors because HipHopVM has been crashing.

Facebook has just released a major update to HipHopVM which will hopefully prove to be a bit more reliable. For those of you who've been helping keep an eye on the site, thank you. (Hat tip to Ben Mendis)
    60 of 60
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    Just a heads up. I upgraded the OS on the server yesterday to the latest and greatest Ubuntu 14.04LTS. There were a few minor hiccups but it all seems to be working.

If you notice any problems, please let me know.