New MembersSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Here's saying hi to new M-BY-MC members  Andrew Daws, Lisa Epifano Hall, and Connie Jakubcin

Welcome!
    2 of 88
    Andrew Daws
    10 years ago
    Hi Yermo,Thoroughly enjoyig what I've read so far, so keep up the great work. 
    3 of 88
    Lisa Epifano Hall
    10 years ago
    Happy to be here!
    4 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    And hello to Colin Wells, who just joined.

5 of 88
    Colin Wells
    10 years ago
    Found the blog/forum after reading this amazing article that was reposted by Revzilla on Facebook.
    http://miles-by-motorcycle.com/fv-b-6-635/road-report--... Amazing article
    6 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much! We all had an incredible time at the Gap and can't wait to go back. What do you ride?
    7 of 88
    Andrew Daws
    10 years ago
    Colin Wells wrote:

Found the blog/forum after reading this amazing article that was reposted by Revzilla on Facebook.

http://miles-by-motorcycle.com/fv-b-6-635/road-report--.... Amazing article
    That was the article I first saw as well - I thought it was a truly amazing piece, especially where it started dealing with the man-machine interface and the psychology of riding.  Really, really good. 
    8 of 88
    Connie Jakubcin
    10 years ago
    I really enjoyed your Deal's Gap article, and it gave me a lot to think about regarding my own riding, and what holds me back from improving.
    9 of 88
    Colin Wells
    10 years ago
    I'm riding my first bike, a vintage cruiser. 1985 vt750c Just got my full motorcycle licence, (we have a 5 year graduated licence program in Ontario for riding). So love the sport, doing lots of reading to make myself a better rider, and yours is really outstanding.
    10 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Thank you all so much for the kind words.
    I love Canada for so many reasons. I wish we had a similar graduated system here in the States. I suspect if we did our injury/fatality rates would be much lower. 

I know quite a few people who are just getting into riding. I try to be helpful so I put together my thoughts on what riders should think about. Have you heard about Total Control or the Twist of the Wrist books?

Link #4682
    Yermo
    11 years ago

So you want to hearn how to ride a motorcycle

My thoughts on the subject of how to get into motorcycling safely and learn to become good at the sport.

http://miles-by-motorcycle.com/fv-b...

I should do an editing pass through that article again.
    11 of 88
    Andrew Daws
    10 years ago
    Yeah, we have a bit of a graduated system here in Victoria (Australia) as well, and while it isn't perfect it isn't too bad.  :)I'm in the relatively new to riding camp as well (14 months) and riding a Kawasaki Ninja 650L (the power restricted version that learners can legally ride here).I'll take a look through the resources, and yes, I'd also recommend both Total Control and Twist of the Wrist II.  Plenty I still need to be working on...  :)
    12 of 88
    Colin Wells
    10 years ago
    I will definitely check out the books. found the video for Twist of the wrist II already. wow!
    13 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Say hello to ra21vi 

What do you ride?
    14 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Say hello to Pret Day

What do you ride?
    15 of 88
    Pret Day
    10 years ago
    2011 Versys 650
    16 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Very cool. Welcome to our little site. Soon I'll have the new features ready for release that I've been working on and things should get more interesting around here.
    17 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Say hello to Embedded Object Error.  

Welcome and hello!

Introduce yourself. What do you ride? 
    18 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Also say hello to Ron N Allison Crum.  
    19 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Say hello to Kyle Hall.

What do you ride?
    20 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Say hello to daveorn,  

Please introduce yourself. What do you ride?
    21 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Say hello to Paul Witt

What do you ride?
    22 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    And a warm welcome to Dan Grove,  
    23 of 88
    Dan Grove
    10 years ago
    Thanks!  I was down at the Dragon for the National SV Rally last week.  Your ride report really resonated with a lot of us.  I know my own riding was improved as a result.
    24 of 88
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    oh wow. That's fantastic. Thank you for letting me know!

I'm guessing SV650, right? I've been toying with the idea more and more of picking one up as a trainer/loaner/track bike ... 

I'm heading back down to the Gap on Thursday.
    25 of 88
    Dan Grove
    10 years ago
    Yup - 07 SVS.  Fantastic bike - especially for that area.  The 500+ miles each way not so much.

Enjoy your trip down - very jealous.