June 2013 Blue Ridge Gap TripSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 9
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    On Thursday I'm leaving to take AGrip, weather permitting, down the Blue Ridge and to the Gap and back. It'll be her first tour. 

2 of 9
    David Hardy
    10 years ago
    I have reserved a double cabin for Friday night at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, (usually a 2 night minimum) if anyone is interested in splitting it for 23 bucks each.. I am hitching a ride to Charlotte to buy a bike Friday afternoon.. Then heading back to Atlanta the FUN way on Saturday.
    3 of 9
    David Hardy
    10 years ago
    Looks like you will be needing a cabin of your own!!
    4 of 9
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Thanks! I'm not sure the timing will work out to meet up with you at the BMRC Friday but if we can swing it we'll stop in to say hello at the very least.
    5 of 9
    David Hardy
    10 years ago
    I wont be getting there till around 8 pm at best,  It's right off the parkway on 276, Great place to stay and Phil may have an unusual Friday night cabin rental available (usually a 2 night minimum on weekends) due to a large group arriving from Canada on Saturday. Have a good ride and hope to see you there.
    6 of 9
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Some US129 Photos from the Deals Gap Trip with AGrip:

Photo #6813
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Photo #6815
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Photo #6814
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Photo #6812
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Photo #6816
    Yermo
    10 years ago

7 of 9
    Ian
    10 years ago
    Dry, clean roads.  No visible traffic.  Good company (or so I presume ;)I take it you had a fine trip!
    8 of 9
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    So I've installed the latest working snapshot of the maps code. 

I've used it to document AGrip's and my trip down the Blue Ridge.

Map #6862
    Yermo
    10 years ago

June 2013 Blue Ridge Deals Gap Trip

On overview map of the trip AGrip and I took down the entire length of the Blue Ridge Parkway to Deals Gap.

We had 3.5 days of really good weather for the cost of 2.5 days of torrential rain and storms. 

Click through to get an interactive version. All the icons are clickable including the photos. Personally, I think it's a compelling way to tell a trip story.
    9 of 9
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Road Report: A Study in Trust: 2 Up Down the Blue Ridge Parkway and Through Deals Gap

Link #7377
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Road Report: A Study in Trust: Two-Up n the BlueRidge Parkway and Deals Gap

Road report for the June 2013 trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway and around the Deal's Gap area

http://miles-by-motorcycle.com/fv-b...