17June track Day VidSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    This is a video (choose 720HD for best image) from the track day that jpcfjr and I did with NESBA/Coleman on Monday 17June. This particular video captures a "hot lap" from the entry into Turn 1, through a full lap, and to the point where we started lapping the field in the Turn 5-9 zone. I was in the first group out and started 7th in line (out of about 12), if I remember correctly there were 4 groups in this session. I ended up riding with basically the same group every time, we tended to get staged first and were running at similar speeds overall. Key takeaway??? I think I want a faster, more track focused bike :-)A couple of things that I didn't comment the video with:-When you see the bars do a little shiver coming out of turns and accelerating, it's the front end coming up-I was shifting at or near the cutoff-There are a couple of instances when I opened up some space, it's because I had seen that bikes were getting bunched up ahead of me. A helmet cam would show that more clearly as this vid isn't looking where my head is looking (obviously )-Coming out of turn 10 onto the main straight you'll see a more pronounced wiggle in the bars. I had a bit of rear tire slip just as the front end got light. There are a couple of bumps there and the rebound was a little off on the rear causing it to "skip" momentarily. I'll try to remember to take a pic of the tire so you can see what that looks like.Here's the vid:
    Video #6844
    rshaug
    10 years ago

NESBA 17Jun

This is from the start of a "hot" lap through to lapping the back of the field 1/3rd into the second lap. I was in the first group out (7th rider of about 12...
    2 of 4
    buffalo
    10 years ago
    Interesting that at least one of the guys you were following was making the same goofy mistake that that guy with the ZX-10 was at the gap--hanging the lower half of his body off in the turns, but not his upper half.In any case it looks like it was a fun day
    3 of 4
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    I noticed that as well.
    4 of 4
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Some pics from the trip and setup:
    Ninja ready to go...
    Photo #7012
    rshaug
    10 years ago

One bike in...
    Photo #7008
    rshaug
    10 years ago

Both bikes, there was actually quite a bit of room. Weirdly the sportbikes take up less space than the DRs.
    Photo #7009
    rshaug
    10 years ago

Still close company though...
    Photo #7007
    rshaug
    10 years ago

Night before the day...
    Photo #7011
    rshaug
    10 years ago

jpcfjrsurveying the scene (yeah, having a big truck is helpful)
    Photo #7010
    rshaug
    10 years ago

Ready to rumble...
    Photo #7014
    rshaug
    10 years ago

Mid-day
    Photo #7015
    rshaug
    10 years ago

And now back together (with some slight mods)
    Photo #7013
    rshaug
    10 years ago