The GoPro Hero Tech ThreadSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 9
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Many of us have gotten various versions of the Go Pro Hero camera. I, for instance, have a Hero 1.

This thread is intended to be a central place to discuss these cameras, their use, problems and solutions, related software and techniques for creating compelling videos that others enjoy watching.
    2 of 9
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    I met someone using this 3d system for GoPro who liked the results. 
    Link #7211
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    I think it's a bit convoluted. I've ended up using my cameras (a couple of Hero2s) for two things mostly...to vid myself doing riding exercises, videoing others at their request, and for taking pics. The ability to take a picture every "x" seconds has been my favorite feature. By setting them up at various angles they will take hundreds of high def pictures of everything along rides. Can then weed through them and save the best shots.  
    3 of 9
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    I've really wanted to get the little remote for taking pictures of what I'm looking at while riding (with camera mounted on the helmet). But I've heard the remote significantly reduces battery life.
    4 of 9
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Yeah, I heard that too about the remote. I like the idea though. With a bike mount is would be easy enough to keep the cam plugged in to power.
    5 of 9
    buffalo
    10 years ago
    I tried setting up the remote before I left for DG, but the remote itself bricked. They're replacing it under warranty, so the jury is still out IMO.
    6 of 9
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    buffalo I'll be very curious to hear how well that works once you get the replacement.
    7 of 9
    Yun Lung Yang
    10 years ago
    So I had a bit of issue yesterday with my go pro that I resolve that could possibly help others in the future.

I read SD card on the computer and decided to erase the content. Go pro refuse to recognize the SD card.

I format the SD card, using "Quick format", on the computer, it still refuses to recognize it.

I format the SD card, using the "slow" format option, basically not checking off quick format. I got an error returning SD ERR. Still unusable.

BUT now the Go pro actually recognizes the SD card, its just not usable. Then I format/erase the SD card using the go pro fuction under the wrench, and everything worked again. Very odd bug.  
    8 of 9
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    I've had the same thing happen. I can look at it but I think that the GoPro not only formats the card but it also adds a directory structure and some files which it relies on, which is why you have to format it using the device itself.
    9 of 9
    buffalo
    10 years ago
    This is my understanding too--that the format on the card is GoPro proprietary.