Other Mapping and Ride Tracking Apps and SitesSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    51 of 101
    Link #63240

MapFactor GPS Navigation Maps - Apps on Google Play

* Best rated free offline navigation app on Google Play with 30 millon+ installs* MapFactor Navigator is a free GPS navigation app with free offline maps from OpenStreetMaps (incl. free monthly maps update). You can navigate without an internet connection in more than 200 countries. Intuitive voice turn-by-turn navigation in different languages, speed limits, camera warnings and many other useful features. Key features of MapFactor GPS Navigation app: - voice navigation in different languages - door-to-door route planning - overview of the upcoming manoeuvre and distance shown on the screen - free offline maps with postcodes (full GB postcodes) installed on your device or SD card - points of interest - speed limit and camera warnings - favourite routes and places - 2D/3D mode allows realistic visual maps display - day/night map mode - routing modes for car, bus, truck, pedestrian, bycicle - route avoidance - block off certain road from your route - maps rotate in driving direction, or north up - customisation possibilities Optional features: - professional TomTom maps - Premium Features: Alternative routes, Head-Up Display, No ads - Live HD Traffic information (for selected countries) OSM maps are created and updated by the community of volunteers at www.osm.org. OSM maps are updated every month for FREE. Optional TomTom navigation maps and postcodes available. MapFactor also makes the popular NavigatorFREE GPS navigation software for PC, Pocket PC, WinCE and iOS also with postcodes and free maps from OpenStreetMaps. If you wish to get help or provide feedback to our GPS navigation app, please email android@mapfactor.com. --- OpenStreetMaps: Available free maps: --- = EUROPE: Albania Andorra Armenia Azerbaijan Austria Belarus Belgium Bosnia And Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Faroe Islands Finland France Georgia Germany Gibraltar Greece Guernsey Hungary Iceland Ireland Isle Of Man Italy Jan Mayen Jersey Kosovo Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macedonia Malta Moldova Monaco Montenegro Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Romania Russian Federation San Marino Serbia Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland Ukraine United Kingdom United Kingdom Postcode - Ordnance Survey Vatican City = AMERICA: Antigua And Barbuda Argentina Aruba Barbados Belize Bolivia Brazil British Virgin Islands Canada Caribbean Netherlands Chile Colombia Costa Rica Crozet Islands Cuba Curacao Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador El Salvador French Guiana Grenada Guadeloupe Guatemala Guyana Haiti Honduras Jamaica Martinique Mexico Montserrat Nicaragua Panama Paraguay Peru Puerto Rico Saint Kitts And Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Martin Saint Vincent And The Grenadines St Pierre And Miquelon Suriname The Bahamas Turks And Caicos Islands Trinidad And Tobago Uruguay USA Virgin Islands Venezuela Wallis And Futuna = ASIA: Afghanistan Bahrain Bangladesh Bhutan Brunei Cambodia D.Rep. of Timor Leste Gaza Strip China India Indonesia Iran Iraq Israel Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Lebanon Malaysia Maldives Mongolia Nepal North Korea Oman Pakistan Palestine Qatar Philippines Saudi Arabia Singapore South Korea Sri Lanka Syria Taiwan Tajikistan Thailand Turkey Turkmenistan Union Of Myanmar United Arab Emirates Uzbekistan Vietnam Yemen = AUSTRALIA: Australia Fed. States Of Micronesia Fiji Guam Kiribati Marshall Islands Nauru New Caledonia New Zealand Northern Mariana Islands Palau Papua New Guinea = AFRICA: Algeria Angola Benin Botswana Burkina Faso Burundi Cameroon Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad Comoros Congo D.Rep. of The Congo Djibouti Egypt Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Ethiopia Gabon Gambia Ghana Guinea Bissau Guinea Ivory Coast Kenya Lesotho Liberia Libya Madagascar Malawi Mali Mauritania Mauritius Morocco Mozambique Namibia Niger Nigeria Rwanda Sao Tome And Principe Senegal Seychelles Sierra Leone Somalia South Africa Sudan Swaziland Togo Tunisia Uganda Tanzania Western Sahara Zambia Zimbabwe

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...
    52 of 101
    53 of 101
    Link #63292

inRoute Route Planner on the App Store

Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about inRoute Route Planner. Download inRoute Route Planner and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inr...
    55 of 101
    Yermo
    5 years ago
    Scenic is not too bad.
    56 of 101
    This one's a little different -
    Link #63436

BikerBuddy - Motorcycle enthusiast lodging

We know your adventure doesn't end when you get off your bike. Our app lets you seek out other riders in your area who have offered up their place for you to stay for a low rate.

http://www.bikerbuddy.co/
    57 of 101
    Link #63486

Beeline - smart navigation for bikes | Beeline

Discover better journeys with the award-winning Beeline, a better way of navigating on your bike. Beeline is the award-winning connected navigation device that puts you in charge and makes journeys fun again. Simply, stylishly and safely find your way around the town or city. Compatible with Strava.

https://beeline.co/
    58 of 101
    Link #63695

MyRoute-app: The #1 all-in-one route tool

Find, make and share routes and export them to your GPS and navigation app. Join thousands of other enthusiastic motor bikers, cyclists and hikers!

https://www.myrouteapp.com
    59 of 101
    Link #63745

MotoGoLoco | The Home of Biker Friendly

A complete resource for motorcycle travel and touring, with route planner, accommodation directory and blogs.

https://www.motogoloco.com/
    61 of 101
    Robermcm
    5 years ago
    take a look at inroute. I’ve used it for about four years now. Not a great off-road mapping solution, but if it’s on Apple maps (wish the author would offer google maps, so much better imo). You can route to it. 

Had route planning, metrics (weather, elevation, curviness) and nav. Author is a guy named Rob Cohen. Very fast to reply to emails. 

Thanks for your research!
    62 of 101
    Robermcm
    5 years ago
    Inroute is the app I’ve been using.  Happy to share what I know about it. 

pros(off the cuff)
    been around for a while and the author is very response to emails.
    nice map creation ui. Add points to maps and make the start, end or waypoints. Recently added via points as less important points that shape the route. 
    Has metrics like curviness, elevation, temperature, weather either across the entire route or between segments. 
    Has route engine options, like curviness, along with the usual no highway, no toll stuff.
    has 3-4 purchase options, free, 25 waypoints, 100 waypoints, nav.
    my font went white on white. Will add another Post
    63 of 101
    Robermcm
    5 years ago
    inroute cons

uses Apple maps. Only caches map pages, no offline download of areas (like google) available. 
    Beyond 25 waypoints in a route, the increased functionality is subscription based. I hate monthly fees from everyone. So I create shorter routes and multiple per day. 
    64 of 101
    Link #64173

Hiking Trail Maps, Hunting Units, 4x4 Offroad App | Gaia GPS

Plan trips and record GPS tracks for free, with the best outdoor app. Browse hiking trail maps, hunting units, and scout offroad camping trips. Buy a membership to download maps, including topos, aerial imagery, public/private land ownership, and National Geographic.

https://www.gaiagps.com/
    65 of 101
    Throwing this in the mix as a resource.
    Link #63436

BikerBuddy - Motorcycle enthusiast lodging

We know your adventure doesn't end when you get off your bike. Our app lets you seek out other riders in your area who have offered up their place for you to stay for a low rate.

http://www.bikerbuddy.co/
    66 of 101
    Robermcm
    5 years ago
    found another app for nav and tracking - Galileo and Galileo Pro (paid version). So far it seems most  like the Android only app - Locus. I was so frustrated with my Garmin gps and boot camp, trying to load the entire MABDR into it for a trip. This app just sucked it in, kept all the points of interest, like camping sites, kept all the labeling that my Zumo can’t support, etc. 

It was so sweet I went out and got a Hondo phone holder for my bike. 

Galileo seems weakest in route planning. The UI is clunky, or I am. But that part’s easy enough with inroute for me. 
    Photo #66653
    Robermcm
    5 years ago
    Nav enabled
    67 of 101
    Yermo
    5 years ago
    This was forwarded to me today. I need to delve into it further.

Link #66661
    Yermo
    5 years ago

Dual Sport Maps

Apparently a track sharing site.

https://dualsportmaps.com/
    68 of 101
    Yermo
    5 years ago
    Robermcm, does it work offline? 
    69 of 101
    Robermcm
    5 years ago
    yea, sorry, failed to mention the best part. You get a few map downloads with the free version. unlimited for the Pro/paid version. Only $6 I think for full use. Worldwide maps, too!
    70 of 101
    Yermo
    5 years ago
    That's impressive. 
    71 of 101
    Link #67330

Roadtrippers | Plan your journey, find amazing places, and take fascinating detours with the world's #1 roadtrip planning platform

Plan your journey, find amazing places, and take fascinating detours with the world's #1 roadtrip planning platform

https://roadtrippers.com
    72 of 101
    Robermcm
    5 years ago
    Galileo must have been a copyrighted name (trademarked?). They’ve now become ‘Guru’. Not nearly as cool a name, but app the same. 
    73 of 101
    Yermo
    4 years ago
    Sitwon forwarded me this one. It's leaflet based but there may be some good ideas here:

Link #69064
    Yermo
    4 years ago
    74 of 101
    Robermcm
    4 years ago
    interesting concept. I’d like to see a BDR route (e.g., mabdr) in such a setting, where the riders have added places, rated places, commented on route problems or cool parts, etc. 
    75 of 101
    Yermo
    4 years ago
    Robermcm, that is exactly what I'm working on for this site and it's companion mobile app. 

This is a ride buffalo and I did last weekend which I hope we can repeat.
    Ride #68635
    Yermo
    4 years ago

Southern Maryland Tree Tunnel Ride

The plan is to head South to one of Duncan's favorite roads in Maryland which this time of year should be turning into a bright green tree tunnel.

I'm not sure this is the right road though. I thought it was to the East of 301, not the West. Strangely, I don't have it listed anywhere in the maps so I'm not sure if there's a database bug or maybe we just never tagged it?

When I do the MABDR later this year, I hope to have the app far enough along that I'll be able to annotate the whole route.