**This Sat and Sun** M-by-M WV Fall weekend road tripSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    26 of 36
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Against all odds, I am up and getting ready. Traffic permitting I should be there on time.
    27 of 36
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Lol, same here.
    28 of 36
    buffalo
    10 years ago
    Hope you guys have an *awesome* time, sorry I had to pass...
    29 of 36
    buffalo
    10 years ago
    So, my SO said to me this morning, "well you could always just go join the guys today". So I brought up the map, and showed her that Summersville, WV, was 328 miles from here, AKA "5 hours 10 minutes in current traffic"
    30 of 36
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Your presence was /so/ missed. Roads. Roads for the K13. That is all. 

We will have to do this, the two of us, before the season is out. There is a road that I have to show you. Unfortunately, for fear that it will become too popular,  I have been forbidden to speak it's name, but it is a road, a destination road, that much like another famous road I have spoken of, must be ridden. And the roads to get to the road are equally impressive. 

So, we must go. That is all.
    31 of 36
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    And you must get a DR.  
    32 of 36
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    buffalo"The road that shall not be named" is simply 20 miles of scenic beauty, however for Riding I think the other roads were spectacular. Sections of 33 were like a private, better paved and maintained, Nordschleife. Rt. 60 was the surprise of the weekend, wow - what a road. And rt. 20 lived up to the hype, it was 55 miles of twisting, turning, undulating pavement. You know it's a good road when you have to pull off to "take a little break", and you have 20 more miles of it to go :-). 

My tires are dead, from edge to edge.
    33 of 36
    buffalo
    10 years ago
    It sounds like you guys had an awesome time--one of these days, I will get out to those roads...
    34 of 36
    Jay
    10 years ago
    Yes, definitely. Some of the best riding I've done. Ever.
    35 of 36
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Some photos from our ride:
    Photo #8191
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Scenic Overlook
    Photo #8196
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Photo #8193
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Photo #8195
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    A Bridge to No Where
    Photo #8197
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Photo #8200
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Photo #8199
    Yermo
    10 years ago

36 of 36
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Track from the weekend ride. There are some individual roads here I'm going to have to tag:

Map #8202
    Yermo
    10 years ago

September 2013 The Twisties of West Virginia Two Day Ride - 770 Miles

A two day ride along some of the best roads we've encountered within a day ride from Washington DC. The roads of West Virginia are something to be seen.