2013 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport - Oct. 5th & 6thSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 28
    Michael Milner
    10 years ago
    Looks like only a few spots left.

http://watr.us
    2 of 28
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Michael Milner and Yermo I'm signing up now. Yermolets go ahead and do this, looks more interesting than the pine barrens!
    3 of 28
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    OK, I'm registered. This looks like it's going to be fun! Michael Milner and Yermo have you registered yet?
    4 of 28
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    I'm registered. Thanks Michael Milner for pointing this out.

So where do we get "super heavy duty" inner tubes for the DR's that are DOT approved? 
    5 of 28
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Yermo I wouldn't stress over it too much. The riding we did in the George Washington Forrest was harder, and harder on the tires, than this is likely to be. That said, this is where I got mine Just scroll down to the tubes. 
    6 of 28
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Also, I sent a note to the campground to reserve a spot for Friday and Saturday nights. I asked for a site with Electric and Water just in case. I'm planning to take the DR down though, *not* the truck (just FYI for planning purposes). We can go down late Friday afternoon. I may not be able to until evening on that Friday because of travel, if so you guys could just head down earlier and get the site and I'll meet you there as soon as I can (I'm travelling that week and might not get back until the afternoon of the 4th).
    7 of 28
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Ok. I had seen those but couldn't tell if they were rated for road use.
    8 of 28
    Michael Milner
    10 years ago
    According to the website, make sure you bring your American Motorcyclist Association membership card.
    9 of 28
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Michael Milner, what time on Friday will you be heading out or are you heading out Saturday morning?
    10 of 28
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    rshaug can you forward me the details for the campground? Do you know how many tent spaces we have?
    11 of 28
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    The campground info (directions etc) is on the event page. I'm calling on Monday to confirm the site location. I only reserved one site and requested one with power and water hookups. they should be big enough for a couple of tents.
    12 of 28
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    I've secured a campsite, E23, with water and electric. They were out of tent camping spots. I decided to go ahead and get the additional spot since they said they only allow two tents per site and I wasn't sure what Michael Milner was doing.

They sell firefood in a self serve fashion at $4 per bundle. My plan is to arrive before 5pm so I can get all set up and go through the pre-ride checking/tech inspection that evening instead of the next morning.
    13 of 28
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Yermo I am in E20, also with power/water. It looks like I won't be travelling so could also go down earlier on Friday. I'm going to go ahead and bring the truck because it seems like it would be useful. So... I'll plan on bringing a large cooler, my grill, and some supplies. Let me know what else to bring and feel free to store things in the truck while we're out riding (that's actually the reason I'm bringing it).
    15 of 28
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Yermo and Michael Milner, obviously you guys can store stuff in the truck over the weekend. I'll have a large canopy for over the picnic table, and will probably also bring some extras and tools. Also, I plan to being along laptop etc to be able to screen movies at camp (Josh and I did this at the track day and it worked great). Yermo, this should make it easier for you from a food perspective as well as I'll have the cooler and cooking gear. 

Yermo...I think I'm going to throw on a set of Michelin T63's front and back before going.
    16 of 28
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Unfortunately, Milner was unable to register before it sold out. Bummer.

So we have more camping spots than we need, oh well.

Thanks for the offer to bring things. I really appreciate it. Meat, poulty or fish and veggies is about all I can eat. Asparagus? I'll bring some emergency food. I plan on leaving here after lunch to make it down there early so I can set up and get registered, etc. I'm hoping my exhaust isn't too loud for them.
    17 of 28
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Yermo I bet if you call them and explain they can release your campsite and refund you the cost. They're pretty awesome in the camp office (Kelly who works there). Do you have any shellfish allergies? And do you like spicy?
    18 of 28
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Ok, I'll try to call them tomorrow. 

Unfortunately, I am allergic to shellfish. Spicy is just fine.
    19 of 28
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Yermo excellent, thanks for letting me know (no shellfish ).
    20 of 28
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Yermo My most sincere apologies but I will not be able to go this weekend. Something has come up that prevents it. The camping spot is paid for so if you've already cancelled yours just use mine. Also if Duncan, buffalo, wants to go with you he is absolutely welcome to borrow the DR - I can bring it up to the lair for him. I have no problem whatsoever with it and encourage it if he's able. Just have him get an AMA membership if he doesn't already have one and let the organizers know that he's taking my place (I'll send them a note as well if he decides to do it).

buffalo, seriously...the DR is yours for the weekend if you want to.
    21 of 28
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Bummer. :( 

If buffalo can't make it I think Michael Milner might be interested.
    22 of 28
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Bummer. :( 

If buffalo can't make it I think Michael Milner might be interested.
    23 of 28
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    rshaug yes, I had canceled my camping spot a few hours ago.
    24 of 28
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Yermo just let me know. the camping spot is yours so all set there and whoever wants the slot, buffalo or Michael Milner, just let me know and I'll tell the organizers.
    25 of 28
    buffalo
    10 years ago
    That's an exceptionally generous offer. I am tempted but the logistics would be quite a challenge. There is a small chance that I might be able to take you up on this--but whether I can or can't--thanks!!!