Happy New Year All!Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 12
    I'll be surprised if you've not already made some plans for 2020. Where are you going? 
    2 of 12
    Yermo
    4 years ago
    I need to put my bike back together and take it back down to Deal's Gap and the surrounding areas. I am in need of some extended mountain time.
    3 of 12
    I'm thinking as soon as spring hits we should do the MABDR. Top to bottom or bottom to top?
    4 of 12
    Yermo
    4 years ago
    America.Rides.Maps, that's a good question. If we were to do top to bottom, then we could meet on pavement in Virginia or West Virginia and maybe work in some route scouting on the way up? I'll be on the DR, of course, so speed limited. 
    5 of 12
    Ian
    4 years ago
    What’s the MABDR?

@yermo sounds like the K bike rebuild is a big job. How’s the R100S these days?
    6 of 12
    Ian
    4 years ago
    P.S., happy new year!
    7 of 12
    Yermo
    4 years ago
    Ian, the R1100S is fully operational. It just needs minor things done. I still have to put the K100RS back together but hope to get to that here before long. I also have a 2009 Suzuking DR650SE which I'd use for a this "Mid Atlantic Back country Discovery Route". It's a half paved thousand mile or so route up through Virginia to the top of Pennsylvania.

8 of 12
    Ian
    4 years ago
    Sounds like fun. Do you guys camp on that route? How many days would you take for it?
    9 of 12
    Yermo
    4 years ago
    I figure we'll hotel it. I'm not sure how many days we'll do. We may end up documenting the route a bit given it's so popular so that would add some time. 6 or 7 days maybe? Not sure.
    10 of 12
    Sadly, my camping days are pretty much behind me due to severe sleep apnea. It's best if I plug in at night so I look for hotels. It's also difficult for me to carry that much gear as my 650 is not set up for it. While it's not all that difficult a route I'd prefer to do it on smaller similar sized bikes rather than use my 1200. Personally I'm thinking I might like getting the long commute to north Pennsylvania over at the start and do the route top down, but it's not a game changer for me either way.   
    11 of 12
    I'll lay out all the suggested stops on a map soon. 

I'm game to make it leisurely and record the experience well. I'm learning to juggle 4 GoPros and a camera.

What's your range on a tank?    
    12 of 12
    Yermo
    4 years ago
    I have a 6.6 gallon Ascerbis tank on my #dr650se but the mileage sucks. At least 240 or so.