Great Roads in VirginiaSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    This is the place to post great roads/routes in Virginia.
    2 of 4
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Notable Road (8415)
    Fort Valley, Camp Roosevelt, Moreland Gap Roads

Fort Valley, Camp Roosevelt, Moreland Gap Roads

This is one of our all time favorite rides in Virginia. After all the years we've been riding past here on I66 heading to I81 we've passed by this hidden little beautiful road that winds it's way between two small mountain ranges. It starts as parkland with 25mph twisties between sheer rock cliff faces next to a roaring small stream and then widens out into this beautiful valley. Eventually, towards the southern end it turns to gravel as it winds it's way down to the flatland near 81. We ride this road every chance we get, sometimes multiple times in a day.

(Download Screenshot)
    3 of 4
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    No mentions of great roads in Virginia would be complete without mentioning the Blue Ridge Parkway #blueridge

Map #10112
    Yermo
    9 years ago

The Blue Ridge Parkway

468 miles of some of the best riding in the country if not the world. This is one of my top two all time favorite roads in the country. During May we've had 80 mile stretches in the middle of the day where we didn't encounter a single car. It's simply a beautiful ride. Rolling in sections, twisty in others, incredibly scenic in yet others. 

4 of 4
    Yermo
    9 years ago
    A map of roads in Viginia and West Virginia, recommended by rshaug:

Map #10125
    Yermo
    9 years ago

Virginia, West Virginia and Kentucky Roads Recommended by Rshaug

After posting a map of the Blue Ridge on Facebook, rshaug posted routes for some of his favorite rides in the area. So I decided to put them on a single map.