Motorcycle Music?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 6
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    There was a conversation on Facebook about Motorcycling songs. My favorite is probably: 

Video #8553
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Richard Thompson - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning

Richard Thompson - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning

Let's create a list. Any suggestions on songs to add a pure motorcycling mix?  
    2 of 6
    DaFish
    10 years ago
    How about this one?

Video #8802
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Ram Jam - Black Betty

Steady beat and a ripper of a guitar riff, what is there not to love about the song "Black Betty", performed here by Ram Jam.

This song honors a friend that lost his life in a motorcycle/deer encounter in 2010
    3 of 6
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    DaFish excellent suggestion! 
    4 of 6
    Matt
    10 years ago
    Ok, I must have lots... let's start- these are songs that explicitly mention motorcycles  (that I find fun/noteworthy):
    Arlo Guthrie, Motorcycle song
    David Wilcox, Eye of the hurricane
    Lou Reed, New Sensations
    Love and Rockets, Motorcycle
    The Cheers, Black Leather Jacket and Motorcycle Boots
    Hondells, Little Honda
    Charlie Ryan, Side Car Cycle
    Moby Grape, Motorcycle Irene
    Yo La Tengo/Daniel Johnston, Speeding Motorcycle
    Meat Loaf, Bat out of Hell
    5 of 6
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Thanks for these, Matt! I wonder how many of these are on youtube for our little collection here? I'll have to take some time and do some searches.
    6 of 6
    Matt
    10 years ago
    I expect all of them to be on Youtube in one way or another, except maybe 'Side Car Cycle' - which is actually pretty old- it's part of the hot rod trilogy of 'Hot Rod Race' -> 'Hot Rod Lincoln' -> 'Side Car Cycle.' The Commander Cody version of HRL (which most people are familiar with) came out long after the original.

I've got all of them in my own collection, we might be able to arrange you to get them ... you know ... in one way or another.

I can look at my collection, I'm sure I have some other more obscure songs. There turns out to be lots more car songs than motorcycle songs, for some odd reason.