North By Northwest - a video by a friend very much worth watchingSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 9
    Yermo
    4 years ago
    A good friend of mine, Michael Milner, has just released Part I of a video about his solo trip from Georgia to Alaska and back. Unlike many other travel logs, this one is based around a non-riding theme and is focused on sites along the way dedicated to the Civil Rights Movement and African American contributions to World War II, of which there are many.The way he mixes riding, the stops along the way, and drone footage, with insights into the historical significance of the places he visits makes this inspiring, educational, and deeply sobering.

I'm very impressed with what he's done here.

2 of 9
    Yermo
    3 years ago
    Part II:

3 of 9
    Yermo
    3 years ago
    Part III

4 of 9
    Robermcm
    3 years ago
    excellent video and fun to ‘travel along’.
    5 of 9
    Yermo
    3 years ago
    I'm looking forward to seeing the rest once he finishes them. I was chatting with him the other day and it takes just a huge amount of time and effort to put these videos together.
    6 of 9
    Robermcm
    3 years ago
    hey, was that you in Oregon on the tat, day 23 in the mud? Great story. I could feel the angst. 
    7 of 9
    Yermo
    3 years ago
    Yup. That was me. I was fairly certain I was a goner ... that hunter saved my sorry ass. If it had not been for him I'm not sure what the outcome would have been.
    8 of 9
    Robermcm
    3 years ago
    that story is a good reminder to travel with a friend anytime you’re going remote. That fellow,who died in CA last week riding alone on single track is another one. 

be well. 
    9 of 9
    Yermo
    3 years ago
    Now you tell me. That was on my Trans Am Trail ride. I went solo across the country.