Gear ReviewsSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 4
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    I've been approached about possibly doing some long term test gear reviews. I'll post more about it if it pans out.

I've been loathe to do this kind of thing because there's always that hint of conflict of interest. If someone sends me free gear to evaluate, won't I feel obligated to give it a better review than if I had just bought the thing myself? 

Then again, my Aerostich Transit Suit Review is still one of the most popular articles I've written.
    Is this something you guys would find interesting? If so, what kind of gear would you be interested in reading my perspective on? Suits? Helmets? Tires? Electronics? (New Sena anyone?) Luggage? 

Let me know. 
    2 of 4
    AGrip
    10 years ago
    I got some new gloves (a holiday gift from my mother) and can't wait to get out there and try them out.  
    So, Yermo, buffalo, etc.  When does the riding season start for you guys?

Here are the gloves:
    Link #9368
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Alpinestars Apex Drystar Gloves - RevZilla

Purchase the Alpinestars Apex Drystar Gloves at RevZilla Motorsports. Get the best free shipping & exchange deal anywhere, no restock fees and the lowest prices -- guaranteed.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/alp...

3 of 4
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    John St John Revzilla has been talking to me about doing some gear reviews for them. I had hoped to review this suit after isurfnementioned it . But since you beat me to it, I'd love to get some of your initial impressions of it.

Link #9171
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Firstgear TPG Expedition Suit - RevZilla

Purchase the Firstgear TPG Expedition Suit at RevZilla Motorsports. Get the best free shipping & exchange deal anywhere, no restock fees and the lowest prices -- guaranteed.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...
    4 of 4
    John St John
    10 years ago
    The suit exterior seems pretty solid, with a just right amount of stiffness to the fabric, and loads of features for touring. But, I have had the pads get twisted inside the suit every time I've put it on. (Maybe that's the reason no one else attaches their pads that way.)

I wish they had attached the liner to the shell in a few more locations. As it is, the entire bodice of the liner is free to move about, and twist around the pads, which flop around the inside of the suit, like fish caught in a net.

Update: I purchased a bottle of Fabri-Tac permanent adhesive, and laid a bead of adhesive around the hip and shoulder pads to lock them into place.

First, we turned the suit inside out and filled it with clothes to fill out the suit and press outward against the liner. (Didn't want to glue the liner in the wrong spot.) Then, we rubbed the adhesive through the open weave of the liner and stuck the liner to the outer layer. I'm sure I voided the warranty. But, the problem of the flopping pads is solved.