Good Roads in ArkanasSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 13
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Since it looks like I'm going cross country again this summer, it's time for another post about good roads. Know any good roads in Arkansas?

John St John found this scenic parkway:

Yermo
    10 years ago
    Notable Road (9498)
    Talimena Scenic Drive,Arkansas

Talimena Scenic Drive,Arkansas

A scenic drive through the hills of Arkansas and Oklahoma. Recommended by John St John.

(Download Screenshot)
    2 of 13
    Ian
    10 years ago
    I've read many times that the Ozarks in general make for great riding and that there are many good roads in northern Arkansas. 

You say "summer".  I thought you were going in the Spring.
    3 of 13
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Ian Spring, Summer. Details. But you are correct, I guess April is Spring and not summer.
    4 of 13
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Point of interest:

Mount Magazine

Link #9516
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Mount Magazine, highest point in Arkansas State Parks

mount magazine lodge, arkansas state parks, mount magazine arkansas, highest point in arkansas

http://www.mountainstateparks.com/m...
    5 of 13
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Wooden single lane bridge:

Link #9521
    Yermo
    10 years ago

Beaver Bridge - Little Golden Gate - Beaver - Reviews of Beaver Bridge - Little Golden Gate - TripAdvisor

Beaver Bridge - Little Golden Gate, Beaver: See 8 reviews, articles, and 6 photos of Beaver Bridge - Little Golden Gate on TripAdvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...
    6 of 13
    John St John
    10 years ago
    The Butler Motorcycle Map of the Ozarks has a very high density of G1 to G3 classified roads. Northwest of Little Rock, in a wide band that extends all the way to Springfield, there are few roads that are not highlighted/recommended. 

BTW: Butler maps are a great trip planning tool. And, if you're NOT going someplace where they have a map for it, perhaps you should rethink your plans.
    7 of 13
    DaFish
    10 years ago
    Yermo, Here is a site  I use. Just zoom in the map to Ark-Kin-Saw. Almost any road in the Ozarks or Washataw mountains are good roads. I know you have rode the Ark Dragon AKA Ark 123N right?
    Ark 103 is good also. Don't forget to stop in the bend of the road for some pie!

Also stop in Ozark for some BBQ!

The Pig Trail is famous and heavily traveled.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Louisiana_94.html
    8 of 13
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    DaFish Thanks for the pointer!
    9 of 13
    DaFish
    10 years ago
    When are you going to be in that area Yermo?
    10 of 13
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    I'm not 100% sure yet. We'll probably leave here the 18th or 19th. I have to be in NM on the evening of the 24th. So I'd guess the 21st or so.
    11 of 13
    DaFish
    10 years ago
    I may have to run up to Ark-Kin-Saw then!
    12 of 13
    Michael Stout
    10 years ago
    Have you finalized your route, after we chatted on FB about this? I can think of several routes, if you were here for more than a single day.
    13 of 13
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Michael Stout, we haven't finalized it quite yet but are working on it. Unfortunately, do to time constraints we'll only have one day in the area so we'll do some reasonable approximation. 

I do hope to make it back down that way to spend some significant time riding around AK.