The Copperhead Loop
US 276 and NC 215 are two of the finest motorcycle rides you’ll find.
The Copperhead Loop ride links them using US 64 through Brevard. You'll enjoy wonderfully twisty roads, waterfalls, and intersect the Blue Ridge Parkway at two points.
Distance: 89 MIles
Ride Time: 3 Hours
Junction North Main Street and US 276
- Follow US 276 from downtown Waynesville to the traffic light in Bethel.
- Turn right at the traffic light onto Love Joy Road
- Follow Love Joy Road to stop sign.
Turn left onto Lake Logan Road and climb to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Continue south from the Blue Ridge Parkway on Parkway Road to US 64
- Turn left onto US 64 and follow it through Brevard to the Junction with US 276 - Pisgah Highway
- Turn left on US 276 - Pisgah Highway and follow it to the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Continue on US 276 - Cruso Road to the traffic light in Bethel
- US 276 - Pigeon Road will lead you back to Waynesville and complete the ride.
Ride: Waynesville to Blue Ridge Parkway (Beech Gap)
Recommended - Jukebox Junction
Ride: Blue Ridge Parkway - Beech Gap to Wagon Road Gap
NC 215 - Parkway Road makes a long drop to meet US Highway 64. It's one of the most techincal sections of the road with challenging curves up high, a short valley run in the middle, then another section of tight and twisty curves near the bottom. There are a couple nice roadside waterfalls near Balsam Grove.
Turn left onto US Highway 64. 4 lane sections run east from Rosman through buslting Brevard. Follow through to the intersection with US 276 - Pisgah Highway.
- US 276 - Pisgah Highway leads north along the Davidson River into a very popular area of the Pisgah Forest. It's a pretty ride but expect congestion on nice weekends. Looking Glass Falls is the noteable attraction here, worth a stop for a closer look and a photo. Soon after you'll pass Sliding Rock. The road gently climbs higher and higher through pleasant twists. The higher you get the steeper the grade and the turnns grow progressively sharper. Arrive at the Blue Ridge Parkway junction at Wagon Road Gap at the top of the climb. The Cold Mountain Overlook is a good rest stop.
Ride: Blue Ridge Parkway (Wagon Road Gap) to Waynesville
- The 3 mile drop from the parkway on US 276 - Cruso Road to Big East Fork is exciting. After, the road winds through the woods then emerges into the Cruso Valley. There are a few nice curves along bends in the river. Follow through to Bethel then US 276 - Pigeon Road takes you into Waynesville to complete the ride.
US 276 and NC 215 are two of the finest motorcycle rides you’ll find. The Copperhead Loop ride links them using US 64 through Brevard. You'll enjoy wonderfully twisty roads, waterfalls, and intersect the Blue Ridge Parkway at two points.
1110 Soco Road
Maggie Valley, NC 28751
Printed maps of all the great roads surrounding the Smoky Mountains can be purchased at the Haywood Visitor Center in Maggie Valley, North Carolina
America Rides Maps offers the most comprehensive and detailed motorcycle rides maps of the hundreds of great roads throughout the Blue Ridge Mountains from Virginia to Georgia.
Order online http://AmericaRIdesMaps.com
formVista generated this page in: 0.1303 seconds
using '6291456' bytes of memory