1992 Harley Davidson FXRS LowRider with 22,750 original miles for sale.Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 11
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I've finally put together photos of the old man's bike.

This is a 1992 Harley Davidson FXRS Low Rider with 22,750 original miles. I have made my peace with it and am now putting it up for sale in the hopes that it'll find a home where it will be valued more than it is here. I'm not a Harley guy.

It was willed away to my uncle back in the day. When he died my cousin got it and it sat in his garage for a number of years.

Recently he decided to fix it up. He put in over $2000 in repairs including:
    Forks redone (new seals)
    Windshield replaced (CC Baily) original factory spec
    Master cylinder front brakes replaced w/all brake lines
    Flushed braked systems and replace fluid
    New tire (Metzlers)
    New pipe (original one had a dent and scratch in it so I found a brand new one on Ebay)
    New rear lights
    Carb completely rebuilt
    All missing hardware replaced with stainless steel fasteners
    Oil and filter changed
    New spark plugs and wires
    New battery

Unfortunately, he did not save the receipts.

Not feeling right about how things went down back in the day he offered the bike to me first before putting it up for sale. Initially I wasn't interested, but my buddy Duncan talked me into getting it so I can make my peace with it.

I'm glad I did. But I'm done now and it's time for this bike to find a new home.

It's very clean and runs well. I've put about 500 miles on it in the last few months.

It's a bit difficult to start if it's been sitting for too long and it takes a little while to warm up but once warmed up it runs fine. There's a video at the end of me starting the bike after it's been sitting for 4 weeks.

The front forks are a bit sticky. They may need to be looked at.

The bike originally had hard bags on it. I have the bags but they were removed from the bike because the paint on them isn't in great shape. I suspect there used to be some kind of covers over the mounting holes which are no longer present.

If the gastank is overfilled gas sometimes leaks out of a hole underneath on the left side near the ignition switch. I have not investigated what's up with that. I simply don't overfill the tank.

There are a few blemishes on the bike. The front fork lowers are a bit pitted as is the fork brace. But overall the bike is very clean.

I'm told the bike should go for about $6500 but I suspect it'll probably fetch less. My intention is to put it up on Ebay and see what comes of it.

I will make delivery of the bike the buyers responsibility with the caveat that if the buyer is within 150 miles of College Park, Md I'll be happy to ride the bike out to deliver it.

Contact me if you're interested in this bike.

Photo #672
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Harley Right SIde

Photo #678
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    FXRS

Photo #680
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    92 FXRS

Photo #681
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    92 FXRS

Photo #682
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    92 FXRS

Photo #683
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    92 FXRS Mileage

Photo #686
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    92 FXRS Fork Brace

Photo #688
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    92 FXRS VIN Stamp

Photo #693
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    92 FXRS Rear Tire

Photo #700
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    92 FXRS VIN

Photo #705
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    92 FXRS Left Bag Side

Photo #708
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    92 FXRS Parts Catalog

Photo #711
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    92 FXRS Bike Cover

2 of 11
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    The listing on EBay will go live this evening around 9PM. I'll post a link once it's live.
    3 of 11
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Here's the EBay link:

Link #4689
    Yermo
    11 years ago

1992 Harley Davidson FXRS LowRider only 22 750 miles | eBay

Find best value and selection for your 1992 Harley Davidson FXRS LowRider only 22 750 miles search on eBay. World's leading marketplace.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992...
    4 of 11
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Looks like the Harley is going to sell. Reserve was met this evening.
    5 of 11
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    There were no additional bids on the Harley. It went for only 27 over the reserve price. I had expected at least a couple of bids towards the end but not a single one.
    6 of 11
    Yun Lung Yang
    11 years ago
    yea, kinda wierd. Usually you would expect to see some activity the last day if not the last couple hours. Bummer. At least its gone? I guess until its shipped and paid nothing is for certain.
    7 of 11
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Yea, it's really weird. I sent the buyer a message right after the auction closed but have not yet heard anything back.

I would have expected much more activity. Maybe we misjudged how desirable this bike is.
    8 of 11
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Ok, just heard from the buyer. He's in California but says he's going to have the bike picked up. Now I'm waiting on the deposit from him.
    9 of 11
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Looks like he's serious. I just got the deposit.
    10 of 11
    Yun Lung Yang
    11 years ago
    Awesome. At least it is out of the garage.
    11 of 11
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    True enough. I'm looking forward to the extra space.