PRACTICE Group Ride for a Safer 2013 Riding Season-FREESubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 8
    Gabe
    11 years ago
    http://www.meetup.com/motorcycle-4/events/107644612/PRA... Group Ride for a Safer 2013 Riding Season-FREESaturday, March 23, 2013, 8:00 AMRegency Furniture Stadium11765 St. Linus Drive, Waldorf, MDREQUIREMENTS (Please become familiar with road hand signals)AGENDA8:30 - 10:00amRiding Drills & Exercises. Upon completion of a no liability waiver, you can practice your riding skills. A course will be set up for 2- 24x70 U-Turns, 360 degree turns, weave and stop all in the same breath. (smile) Group practice ride; roles of road captains- What is the safest way to change lanes?11:00 A.M. - 12:-00 P.M."RIDE LIKE A PRO" will provide (2) discussions including demo's with 2up riding techniques which includes a demonstration also. Attendees will find the experience fun and educational. There will be (2) Resource Tables of Examples, Safe riding habits, magazines, books, & other resourceful Information)RESOURCE & INFORMATION TABLES- Motorcycle Magazines (Donated)- Book: Back in the Saddle Again-How to Overcome Fear of Riding After a Motorcycle Accident  Brenda L. Bates, MA, CHt- Maryland Motorcycle Safety Foundation Materials- ASMI Resources- Increasing Motorcycle Awareness Advice to Drivers & Riders CardsMEDICAL EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS TABLE- Contents of a First Aid Kit- Contents of a Trauma Kit- "business card" size  Content list  "What do I need in my ER Trauma/1st Aid Kit"--Kickstands-Up Individual  Emergency Information Cards- Group Ride Master Sheet & moreThe Event will end no later than 1:00 p.m.ASMI - Accident Scene Management, Incorporated. The leading international motorcycle trauma training association. Teach what to do in order to prevent injuries and fatalities to motorcyclists.(Awaiting reply) Two ASMI Advanced Trained Bystanders were on their way home 2/1/2013 when, they came upon a motorcycle rider who had gone down with several people standing around him.Full Story:http://roadguardians.org/2013/02/04/february-2013-newsletter-asmi-trained-bystanders-use-their-skills-in-texas/Riders, knowledge along with, safe riding habits is how we avoid accidents so, we emailed "Ride Like a Pro" and "Road Guardians.org" requesting that, they attend this event to not only, demonstrate how to ride like a pro but, share pertinent safety information on how to care for the injured until EMT arrives. Check out their website. I will keep you abreast of their response.http://www.ridelikeapromd.com/http://roadguardians.org/host-a-class/
    2 of 8
    Gabe
    11 years ago
    Apologies on the formatting. Hmmm... Apparently the editor it didn't like my formatting in Notepad.*Eyes Yermo*- Gabe
    3 of 8
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    copy and paste from Windows Notepad #bug Once I can reproduce it I'll be able to fix it. Now that it's tagged, it's in the list.
    4 of 8
    Gabe
    11 years ago
    Testing via Chrome - Version 25.0.1364.172 m

This is a test of the Emergency Motorcycling System.

This is only a test.

*BEEP!*
    5 of 8
    Gabe
    11 years ago
    Update: Chrome worked fine, however I can't log in using IE 9 to post and test using that.

IE9 - 9.0.8112.16421
    Update versions: 9.0.14 (KB28909289)

- Gabe

PS - I'll add to the bug forum thread too.
    6 of 8
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Nice find. This is exactly what a lot of folks need to be thinking about at this time of year as the weather starts to improve.
    7 of 8
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    GabeIn E9, Press F12, then see if it says IE 9 Compatibility Mode. If it does press the button to set IE 9 Mode. (standards mode) and let me know if that works. (I can post screenshots).

The headers I'm sending are supposed to override the setting. IE 9 is working here just fine as long as it's in Standards Mode.
    8 of 8
    Gabe
    11 years ago
    Yermo, apologies on getting back so late. Compatibility mode was not on, (standard mode was engaged Captain). Same behavior, no change for IE.
    Set Phasers on "Debug" and arm Photon Compilers...
    - Gabe