Saturday Ride - 30MarchSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 18
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    The weather this Saturday looks outstanding...sunny and high around 60 with 0% chance of rain. I would love to go for a nice long ride on great roads - suggestions? Yermo AGripbuffaloJayYun Lung Yang(I think jpcfjrwill still be away) and anyone else I may have missed....what say you? Could go for the day and stop somewhere nice/interesting for lunch? I would be up for pretty much anywhere anywhere except in the city and would be totally up for meeting in MD.
    2 of 18
    Jay
    11 years ago
    Murphy's law  - great weather always means that I will be on call.  I wish I could join you.
    3 of 18
    AGrip
    11 years ago
    I picked up an extra shift on Saturday. No go for me.  
    4 of 18
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    I'm meeting ryan647in the evening, but would certainly be up for a ride earlier in the day. I need to be back here before 6. 

The Blue Bike is down for the count until I can get the shock rebuilt but I can take the 'S. 
    If this loser developer could bloody finish the ride planner he's been talking about, planning these rides would be so much easier. I guess I'll need to go crack the whip. 

I wouldn't mind tooling with Virginia for a few hours. We could meet at that Starbucks off 234 and head northish/westish? If I manage to sleep we might even be able to get an early start.  buffalo you in? What about you Yun Lung Yang
    5 of 18
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Sounds good to me. Just let me know where/when you want to meet and I'll be there.
    6 of 18
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Bummer, another bug found. Oh well. Link to Starbucks below. I'm thinking 10AM there. How does that sound?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=10677+Sudley+Manor+Dr+Man...

10677 Sudley Manor Dr Manassas, Virginia 20109

#meetingpoint 
    7 of 18
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Sounds great!
    8 of 18
    buffalo
    11 years ago
    Arrgh, wish I could join you guys--headed for OC today, and gone until Sunday. But Saturday looks like it has the makings of an epic ride--enjoy and please post pics!
    9 of 18
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    buffalo bummer. Have fun in OC.
    10 of 18
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Really looking forward to this tomorrow. Tough week.
    11 of 18
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Bummer about the week. Sorry dude. 

My plan is to, traffic permitting, be at that Starbucks at 10AM +/- 15 minutes or so.

It looks like it's just going to be the two of us tomorrow.
    12 of 18
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Thanks, just a lot going on etc etc. Tomorrow is shaping up to be terrific and you'll be on the "S" :-), perfect for a more sporting day. It's going to be a fun day riding. Maybe head on some of those awesome roads near Skyline? Whatever it ends up will be perfect. Plus, with just the two of us it will make for easy logistics LOL. I will also aim to be at that Starbucks by 10 +/-
    13 of 18
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Sounds good to me.
    14 of 18
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    211 to Lurray is always fun
    15 of 18
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    Maybe lunch at Uncle Bucks?
    16 of 18
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    If we're in Lurray at lunchtime we probably have enough time to redo that awesome loop through that valley road up in the hills. 
    17 of 18
    rshaug
    11 years ago
    YES!
    18 of 18
    Yermo
    11 years ago
    Today, I am grateful I have a guest bike. I'm not sure how much fun the DR would be tearing up pavement for a few hundred hard miles.