Any reviews for Sena SR10?Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 2
    Sitwon
    10 years ago
    At Yermo's suggestion I purchased an SHM10 and recently mounted it to my helmet. It seems like a pretty cool device. So far I've tested it with wired music, bluetooth music, and a quick test phone call.

However the SHM10 seems to have two drawbacks, as I understand it:

1. it's incompatible with other headset brands, and

2. it has a four-device intercom limit.

In the manual for the SHM10 they reference the SR10 as an optional accessory. The SR10 appears to be a Bluetooth to 2-way radio adapter. Since the SR10 can pair to pretty much any 2-way radio, it could be potentially solve the 4-person limit problem if everyone in the group was using FRS/GMRS radios. Also, since it appears that it would pair to any Bluetooth headset it would potentially solve the interoperability problem as well.

At $150 on Amazon, plus another $20 for the cable to connect a 2-way radio, it seems a little expensive for what it does. That's about as much as the SHM10 itself. On the other hand, I've been unable to find any alternative options (cheaper or not). 

Does anyone own an SR10, or has anyone tried one out? I'm curious if it's something worth investigating or just a waste of money. 

http://www.amazon.com/Sena-Technologies-Bluetooth-Two-w....
    2 of 2
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    We 've been discussing the sr10 but on the recent deal's gap trip we got 6 sets to connect. You can used a connection as a 'bridge' intercom. It has it's drawbacks but seems to work.I also have heard rumors that they are working on interoperability with other sets, but I have no confirmation.
    i.