Ride tomorrow (Saturday)Subscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    1 of 7
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    OK, it looks like the weather tomorrow is going to be really good sooooo..... I'm going riding. I think I want to check out those WV roads I posted earlier, they look sensational and I could really use it. I'm going to plan on heading out pretty early to take advantage of getting out there and spending quality time in the twisties. No real time I have to be back so I'm thinking about a genuine all day run.

Anyone else up for it???
    2 of 7
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Bummer. I could potentially do Sunday, but my Saturday is already booked with prior commitments. 
    3 of 7
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Yermo I can ride both days, if you want to get together for a ride Sunday just let me know when/where.
    4 of 7
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Wilco. I'll know my schedule a bit later today and will post accordingly.
    5 of 7
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Option 1 - Saturday ride plan- My plan is to be in Front Royal at about 0900/0930 at the Starbucks off of 66, departing from there by 10. Then head west on 55 (listed as a great road with a real mix of sweeps, twisties, and occasional open stretches), following it South to return to VA on 250. Will be about 8 hours or so of riding on terrific roads.

Option 2 - Is to meet in Manassas/Charlottesville and reverse the route and head West on 250 into WV and then meet up with 33 winding back to VA. For this option the Meeting point will either be in the Mananas area or the Charlottesville area (or both I guess). timing would be the same though with a desire to leave Charlottesville no later than 10am.
    6 of 7
    Yermo
    10 years ago
    Unfortunately, it looks like this weekend is a bust for me for both days. 

Do you have any other free days coming up?
    7 of 7
    rshaug
    10 years ago
    Final plan for tomorrow (Saturday):
    I will be at this Starbucks at 0930. Plan is to take 33 West into WV and then eventually meet up with 250 back to VA. Will probably do some exploring as well.

Starbucksmore info‎

1995 East Market Street
    Harrisonburg, VA 22801
    Valley Mall‎

(540) 432-1708