Miles By Motorcycle
established 11 years ago
Suzuki DR650SE Tech ThreadSubscribe to this blog RSS Feed
    You must be logged in and belong to this group to post to this forum.
    76 of 81
    Yermo
    3 years ago
    We probably do 30% dirt or so. The TKC 80's are too aggressive given how much pavement we do. I suspect we'd be looking at more of a 50/50 tire. I've heard good things about the Mitas. 

Thanks for all this! 
    77 of 81
    Take a look at these. I don't know about sizing for you. They do surprisingly well off road, decent on road. 
    Link #165107

Motoz Tractionator GPS Dual Sport Rear Tire | ChapMoto.com

Purchase the Motoz Tractionator GPS Dual Sport Rear Tire for only $144.99 or shop our huge selection of Dual Sport. 40+ Years in Business. No Hassle Returns.

https://www.chapmoto.com/motoz-trac...
    78 of 81
    MudFoot
    3 years ago
    Hey Yermo,
    I recently picked up a 850gs and it was running the Trail Max tires.  I've only taken the bike onto Michaux forest gravel roads, but they did a great job. (I air them down to about 30 psi) On the road they feel like road tires up to 70mph, beyond that I felt they could be a little buzzy.  But that could also just be the bike.  Good luck, but honestly in 2021 there are a lot of good tire choices.  Cheers ... DS
    79 of 81
    Yermo
    3 years ago
    MudFoot, thanks!
    80 of 81
    Robermcm
    3 years ago
    ah, the tire thread. About time mbm had this discussion. 

My experience is with Midas e07, e07+ and e10 tires. The e07 tires are 50/50 tires that are great off road, but they do well on road too. Pretty quiet, relatively. And long life. E10’s are almost tkc80’s, with a little more wear. Not what you’re seeking. 
    81 of 81
    Yermo
    3 years ago
    Oh cool. Thank you Robermcm for the feedback. I appreciate it.